This weekend was our Fall Break. The kids went to SLC for a visit so Brent and I decided to take a quick trip to AZ.
We arrived early Thursday and went straight to Ned’s for lunch.
That night we went to Blake’s football game. Gilbert verses Mesquite. The Tigers won and Blake did really well. He even has a trademark…jersey tuck…so he can see when he long snaps. I think no matter the jersey fit he should always do the tuck. It sets him apart and gives him an edge.
Friday Brent and I woke up early and went for a run…well we started out together but those darn long legs of his always give him about a ½ mile advantage over me…but I could see him up ahead which gave me incentive to pick up my pace…lookin at that booty from behind…who wouldn’t want to catch up??
Friday afternoon Brian, JoLynn, the kids and us all headed to Superstition Springs Mall. This day Brian discovered for the first time the new “boobie” trend. This new Breast Cancer Awareness campaign that borders being totally inappropriate and somehow has been deemed “ok” by everyone including school administration?? I haven’t quite decided how I feel about the whole thing…but Brian seemed to REALLY like it!
Saturday morning after another solo run JoLynn, Sherri, Brilynn and I went to a Boutique that a friend of JoLynn’s had some involvement in. To be honest it had a lot to be desired but it was fun to have girl time and shop…or browse if you will.
That afternoon we met up with everyone again and went to see Secretariat. The very first scene I had the chills and then I cried through the whole thing. Now for those of you who know me know that I am pretty dead inside. I am not an emotional person when it comes to things like this. I think I felt so close to the movie because my favorite new Grandpa sat just 5 seats away in his wranglers, button collared shirt and cowboy boots. I just LOVE this man…my heart has grown three sizes since he has been in my life.
It was a great movie…I would highly recommend it!
After the movie we were treated to dinner at El Charros…one of Brent’s favorite Mexican dining establishments. Now another recommendation I have is…DON’T eat El Charro if you are planning on waking up at 5:00 am to drive for 7 hours…unless stopping every 30 minutes to take a survey of which reservation gas station has the most scum covered toilets, most foul perm solution smell or has the most black curly hairs on the floor…is in your plans.

Other than that…it was a fun filled trip…never long enough…and we drove home in a sad state missing the family…already.
But we will see you soon and I will come with Wintercrest in bulk!

4 comments:
Oh, the gas station toilets... Wouldn't it have been much better and quicker (and cleaner) to just stick your butts out the car window as you were driving along and simply spray a fine Mexican Mist into the breeze? ;)
I think I have seen those toilets!! Yikes! I am with you on Secretariat! I loved that movie and I too had chills in the first scene, and then again at the end. I remember that day so clearly. The whole nation was watching and it was so exciting!
I am glad you got to see the family and that you love Grandpa Jerry. Isn't he the best?
Sorry about your experience driving home. That is not a good thing! Yuck! We sure enjoyed getting to have you here. Were looking forward to Thanksgiving and shopping!
Take Care~Love Ya All,
JoLynn
P.S. In that picture of all of us together in front of the El Charro doesn't Brian look like he look big? It's just the way he's positioned but he looks kind of funny to me.
I can't believe you cried... haha! I remember a while back we sat there laughing at a movie while everyone else was crying.. what a softy!!!
Post a Comment