Today is the first day of school for the 2013-2014 year!
Both Gavin and Savanna are attending new schools due to our move last year.
Gavin is starting at the middle school in 8th grade...at 6'2.
Savanna is at the intermediate school beginning 7th grade.
They both had mixed feelings about school this year and Gavin was a little nervous this morning...which makes ME a little nervous. His school is a bit confusing and the classes were hard for us to find when we went there to walk around on Monday. I hope he can find his way, pay attention and blend in. :)
Savanna on the other hand, although not too thrilled to be going back to school, was excited for the first day, new clothes, new friends, new boys...you know how it is!
We were lucky to have Brent home with us this morning for the first day of school. He had some business for work in town today and didn't have to wake up or be to work long before the sun comes up so we were able to say our good-bye's as a family. We are also blessed that he was able to give Father's Blessings last night to calm the nerves and set the tone for the year.
Now they are both on their way to school...Savanna riding the bus for the first time EVER and Gavin walking with some friends from the neighborhood. A new year...lots of changes...new opportunities...and hopefully a lot of HAPPINESS!!




3 comments:
OMGosh, I'm so nervous for them all (I mean ALL of my grandchildren). Many are at new schools, etc. I hope they all have a happy day and don't get lost! Gavin and Savanna look darling, as usual. Even though I'm nervous, I'm also excited for their new experiences this year. Happy Day!
They both looked super cute. I cannot believe that Gavin and Grant are not going to same school this year. It will not be the same without Gav. Hope they do well at their new schools! I am really jealous that we are not at DHMS!
For some strange reason I guess my comment didn't make it on here or maybe I thought I made a comment but didn't. Who knows, but I am sorry I am just now commenting on this post. I really thought I had already commented. Anywho, Gav and Sav look darling as usual. I know they ended up having great first days and are doing well. I'm so glad that it was a positive experience for them. We are looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. We have sure missed you guys!
Love you,
JoLynn
Post a Comment