"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, December 12, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas to YOU!
As I have reflected over the 2013 year I cannot say that it was a year that will stick out in my mind for years to come. Nothing too significant happened...nothing life altering or remarkable. However we were continuously blessed each day with health, happiness and each other.
What more could this Party Of FOUR ask for?


Savanna turned 12 this year and is enjoying being in Young Women with ALL her friends.
Her life revolves around her friends, her phone and fashion. She is her mother's daughter for sure when it comes to her style. Headbands, messy buns, leopard prints of all kinds. Combat boots, extra long jeans and  leggings in all designs!
 Savanna took up volleyball this year and loved it. We really think this will be her sport. Unfortunately St George doesn't offer many options for her age group so it has been put on the back burner for now.
Savanna is an amazing writer. This is one of her greatest talents. She has written several plays, stories and poems that radiate creativity and wit. I think this should be her future...however HAIR is more up her alley.



Gavin turned 14 just one week ago. He is thriving in school and enjoys every minute of it. He recently took first place at his district wide "Math Counts" competition and I am expecting that he will take region and go onto state again this year. His brain amazes me. 
Gavin is still playing the piano and teaching himself new songs everyday. Now that we FINALLY purchased one of our own I LOVE listening to him play each day and having music fill our home. Music is a huge part of his life and I am excited to see where it takes him. Heavenly Father sure blessed him with this amazing gift.
Gavin is still my most loving child. He is so affectionate and tender. He compliments me daily and is constantly expressing love and appreciation for all of us. He is going to be such a great husband one day. 


Brent is working HARD. Long hours in now freezing temperatures. He really enjoys his job and all the friends/clients he gets to see and visit with throughout the week. His personality and his ability to make you feel like you are his favorite person in the world, makes him so good at what he does. He is such a people person and his clients are just drawn to him. 
He is busy with his calling especially now with tithing settlement happening but is loving spending time with the incredible men in our bishopric. 
Sports are still his main focus and passion and we have really loved that at least a few of teams are showing promise! He was heartbroken that ASU didn't make the Rose Bowl this year but they had a fabulous season.

As for me...I am officially OLD. 38 is right around the corner and I am having a hard time coming to grips with the big 40 (in 2015).
For now I am just working...wrapping up the 2013 St George Marathon which was a HUGE success. Maybe the BEST one so far. 
I have been given a few extra responsibilities for the upcoming year and am looking forward to new events and possibilities.
I am actually loving working in the Primary. This is a complete SHOCK to me. I wish someone would have told me how entertaining Junior Primary was...I would have been asking to serve in Primary years ago. Sharing time is NOT my favorite assignment but I love the women I serve with and love listening to the random, irrelevant stories shared by the kids each Sunday.

Our little family is filled with gratitude this holiday season. We are grateful for each other and each of you. Thank you for blessing our lives and for being our dear friends. 
We wish each of you a MERRY CHRISTMAS...
and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love,
Ellsworth Party of FOUR!

p.s. - Thanks to my sis Kori for the LAST minute photo shoot...which took exactly 14  minutes! :)

7 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Your family pics look fan-freaking-tastic!! It sounds like things are going really well for you guys. I am glad. You SO deserve it!! Merry Christmas to YOU. :)

Unknown said...

VERY cute pictures. I really love your hair. And your Christmas Letter. Very nice 2013 recap. I am so happy that you are blessed.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Your pictures turned out great, but yours always do! I'm so happy 2013 was a good year for the Ellsworth Party Of 4. I'd have to say 2013 for us was full of ups and downs but it was better than 2012, so that's a good thing! I hope your just as blessed in 2014.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marianne said...

As always, your family photos are so gorgeous! Who does them for you? I am amazed at how you children are growing too! You really have been blessed with sweet children! How is Brent handling you extreme cold/ I've been thinking about him!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures and recap of the family and year. I'm glad you were able to "brave the storm" and go out in the freezing temps to have your pictures done.

We're sure proud of our grandkids and the wonderful people they are becoming. We, too, are very proud of you and Brent. We love you with all our hearts. I'm especially sorry about ASU not going to the Rose Bowl, I was really looking forward to our trip there on New Year's Day. Maybe next year?? Merry Christmas to the Ellsworth Party of Four!

val said...

i can't believe how big your kids are!!! and handsome and beautiful. wow. love what you said about savannah being into all things boots and fashion and animals prints, etc….totally just like her momma! i remembering some colorful doc martins from years ago :) happy holidays to you guys.