"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I'll MISS you like a TOOTHACHE!!

I remember peeking out the hotel window anxiously waiting for him to pull into the parking lot. I didn't know what kind of car he drove at that time, considering I had only introduced myself online to hiom just two weeks prior but I thought I would be able to guess considering what I DID know about HIM. I figured it would be a truck of some sort. He was a plumber after all and a man...a tall man...and his voice and face just fit a truck kinda lifestyle. 
When the dark blue low-ridin Chevy with black rims and a HUGE Sparky decal pulled into the parking lot I was a little surprised. He didn't seem like the East L.A. gansta white boy type to me?? I half expected it to start bouncing around on it fresh hydraulic pumps. YO!
This was my first impression of  "Hector" as I have referred to it ever since. 
Brent brought MANY things into me life from his first marriage. Some things I have quite enjoyed. I LOVE our HUGE T.V., our nice leather couches, the darling bench that sits in my entry way...and a few others. There have been a few things that I would like to kick to the curb however. Our freakin lame front loader washer for example...which I am sure cost a butt load of money and was NOT worth an extra cent...and of course the truck. I have NEVER liked the truck, especially once I heard Brent use to drive a lifted red four door Chevy. The Compton-Envy truck is NOT family friendly with the extended cab doors that open only from the inside and limited amount of leg room in the back seat. What I did LOVE about the truck was that it was paid off and for this reason and this reason ALONE we continued to keep the truck in the family.
UNTIL last weekend. 
WOOT WOOT!!
Meet our new addition to the family...our new Royal Blue, 4-door, NOT-lowered, Dodge Ram, with plenty of leg room and a thumpin sound system (thanks to Conner). 

Brent and I made a QUICK trip to AZ this last weekend to purchase the truck from Dick who recently got himself a new custom-ordered cherry red Challenger.
We dumped "Hector" in AZ as part of the trade.
Definitely worth the quick trip! 


A couple weeks ago I received a baby shower invite in the mail from sweet Cassidi Dunn. I was THRILLED when I found out that it was the very weekend that we were driving to AZ to pick up the truck.
The Skippers/Dunns are another blessing that Brent brought into my life from his previous marriage. 
I just LOVE this family with all my heart. Each and every gorgeous one of them. 
So on Saturday while Brent waited 6 hours to get both trucks washed and waxed, JoLynn and I were able to stop by the baby shower and visit with the mommy-to-be.

I can't believe I didn't take a single picture of the rest of out trip. However Brent and I leave for VACATION soon and our trip ends in AZ for a few more days with family and friends. We are excited to head back and actually stay longer than 36 hours. 

7 comments:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ellsworth Party of Four said...

So So Incredibly Jealous....... Maybe you can come pick me up in your sweet truck when I am broken down on the side of the road in my piece of crap car with 239,000 miles on it.

I too, will not miss the beaner-mobile

Additionally, I would love to be in the Skipper Family. See if you can arrange that. I am a fake blonde of course, but they could put me in the back of their family photos and no one would really be able to tell. It's important to surround yourself with beautiful people, you know.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Ooooooopsie...... I am apparently signed in as YOU on my computer. This is awkward.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

GREAT....Thanks Kac! Now it looks like because I have NO friends that I have sunk to carrying on blog conversations with myself! The blogging world is sad and lonely!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

AND Kaci Jo...P.S. I take offence to that comment...Kori would too! You are ALREADY surrounded by beautiful people!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm so glad that it all worked out for you with getting dad's truck. And I'm so happy that the timing of it all worked out to get to be here the same weekend as the baby shower. It was so good to get visit with you and catch up with you guys! Can't wait to see next week!

Unknown said...

Kami, I must commend you on your blogging skills. I haven't delved into the blog world as of yet, but I am definitely entertained and inspired by your efforts. Don't be discouraged if you're not getting feedback, you are very insightful and witty. I love it!