Valentine's Day was never my favorite holiday. I mean I love all the pinks and the frills, the flowers and the candy...and I LOVE love. But Valentine's Day is a hard holiday when you don't have a FOREVER Valentine.
When MY FOREVER Valentine came into my life, 8 Years ago, the holiday immediately became one of my favorites. Not only do we get to celebrate the love that we share BUT we started my favorite tradition....which is...spending Valentine's day with our children.
Each year Brent takes Savanna on a date and Gavin takes me on a date....the place is kids choice.
I love this time we have with each of them, to connect, to listen, to learn etc.
It is not often that we as parents get an entire evening with our children just dedicated to showing them how much we love and appreciate them.
This year Gavin chose to go to Red Robin.
He is such a remarkable kid. I am constantly amazed by the thoughts and ideas that come from his head. He is so bright. Recently Gavin started blessing the sacrament. Even though I am a nervous wreck each week he always does a great job. I love his voice, how slow and precise he reads each word. I love that he takes this opportunity seriously and understands how important his priesthood responsibilities are. I love that he is filled with gratitude and "Thanked" me about 20 times that evening for just spending time with him.
He fills my heart with joy and happiness. I am so thankful each year I get to be his Valentine for the night.
Brent and Savanna spent their evening at Sakura. Savanna had never been there before so Brent suggested they eat there for their date.
Brent and Savanna are two peas in a pod. I love the bond they share. Their sense of humor, sarcasm, sports trash talking abilities and wit a few of my favorite shared characteristics.
Brent doesn't quite understand the female teenager emotional roller coaster but I love that he attempts to make he life easier, funnier and less dramatic.
I am not sure what exactly took place on their date but I am pretty sure they talked about boys and kissing. This subject seems to be a common one between these two.
Brent and I were able to spend an evening together as well...although I didn't take any pictures.
I am so grateful for this man. I am so proud of who he is, the example he sets in our home, the way he leads with love and with the spirit.
I love the happiness he has brought into my life and our love that grows each day.
How lucky am I to have three Valentine's each and every day?
They are my greatest blessing by far!
Happy Valentine's Day to each of you...from the 4 of us!






1 comment:
I love this special tradition you started. It is so awesome that you guys get to have this one on one quality time together!
Sure love you guys!
JoLynn
Post a Comment