For some reason I'm having a hard time blogging these days. My work computer will no longer allow me to and I hate blogging on our tablet. So I'm forced to blog on my phone which is just one notch above the tablet. So this is my attempt to play catch-up for the last few weeks.
We've had a lot of firsts happen this month so far.
The first one is that Gavin got his very first official job. He is working for the city of Saint George running our Carousel in Town Square. He seems to like it so far. I think it's pretty slow on the weekdays but this allows him to get his homework done and read or listen to music. It's a pretty laid-back job which is perfect for him.
Also this month the Special Needs Mutual group held their annual Roadshow. Not too long ago Gavin was called to be a counselor in this program. Which allowed him to participate in his very first Roadshow. He had a very important role as the train conductor. He was in every scene and did a fabulous job.
But more importantly the participants at special needs Mutual had the time of their lives. This was a night for them to shine and showcase their talents and extraordinary abilities. I pretty much bawled the entire night. But when we got home all we could do was laugh. It was a very fun and unique evening.
Another first was that I was able to go to Florida for the first time. The USA race directors Conference was held in Orlando this year. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend. It was definitely a conference that I will put on my agenda for many years to come. I learned so much and met so many amazing race directors from all over the world. Not to mention that the St. George Marathon got a lot of attention. I felt like somewhat of a celebrity. Which is never a bad thing for ones confidence.
As part of the conference we woke up early each morning and went for a run. Tuesday morning they allowed us to run through Disney's Animal Kingdom park. This was such a neat adventure for me. For those of you who know me know that I love Disneyland I have yet to be to Disney World so getting to see just a part was such a treat for me.
Not a first but a very anticipated tradition is that each year Brent and I try to go to Arizona for spring break for spring training.
This is by far one of my favorite things that we do together. This year was no different. I love sitting by him in the stands cheering on our favorite teams together. Arizona had perfect weather this year. It was a little toasty but as I always say the warmer the better.
And of course visiting Arizona always allows us to eat at our favorite places. Pete's is just one of those.
On our last day of spring training we decided to go see the Oakland A's play. We chose this game because their field is directly across from the cemetery where all of our family members reside. After the game Brent and I were able to stop by and visit Susan and Sherri and Grandpa Jerry.
Our spring break trip to Arizona was nothing short of delightful. We always have a wonderful time visiting with family. Without fail it is always hardest to leave. I'm not sure when we will be headed that direction again. Usually we know when we will see everyone again. It makes it even more sad not knowing or having a trip to look forward to. But in the meantime we hope they know how much we love and miss them.
Months and months and months ago I saw the preview for the new Disney Beauty and the Beast movie. I have literally been counting down the days until it came to theaters on March 17th. I have been eagerly trying to con my husband into going with me. I don't know when or how it happened but he agreed to attend the show with me. Also I was able to get Mom and Dad excited about seeing it as well. So on Friday March 17th Mom and Dad, Brent and I went to the opening 3D show of Beauty and the Beast. It definitely did not disappoint.
The following Saturday we held our Shamrock Your Socks Off 10K. Because my work involvement for that race is minimal I usually try to run the race in between job assignments. This year was no different. After loading all of the buses I was able to jump on the last bus and ride to the start.
I have been pretty consistent with my running lately and I'm feeling more like I enjoy it these days than ever before. So this race was just fun. No real struggle No questioning why I was doing it Etc. I just ran and enjoyed beautiful Snow Canyon along the way. And when all was said and done I managed to take first place in my age division. Although I want to brag about that a little bit I can't brag too much considering there was only Thirty or so of us in that Division and I now consider myself very old and the division of 40 to 45 year olds maybe a little hard to brag about.. But the first place is a first place and I'll take it.
I'm beginning to see a trend with all of our firsts this month... it seems like a lot of them revolve around Gavin. He has had quite the month so far.
One night before spring break there was a knock on our door and following suit to usual trend in the Ellsworth family we didn't answer it.
Later that evening Brent went out the front door and saw a cute poster board note left for Gavin from our sweet family friend Lindsay. She had invited him to go to preference with her. Now a little about Lindsay is that she is really Savanna's friend. She spends time with our family and recently came on our family vacation with us to California. After spending time with Gavin on that trip she decided she was going to ask him to one of the school dances this year. I don't think he would admit it but I think he has been really excited about the thought of going with her.
There is a little bit of backstory to the ruler dance invite. I won't bore you with all the details but it is a inside joke between the two of them.
So after spring break Gavin was able to answer her. We are excited for the two of them to go in the next couple weeks to preference. It will be a step up or 25 steps up from the last dance he went to.
Well I guess that's the end of my playing catch up post for March. I sure hope I can figure out how to blog again on my computer. Blogging form your cell phone pretty much bites.
Until next time ya'll.



















2 comments:
What a fun busy month full of lots of firsts and lots of good times!
I'm so glad that a stop in Arizona was part of your busy month. We love having you here! It always makes us smile and look forward to spring break! I'm always sad when you guys have to go home! But we will for sure see you on our way up or back or maybe both when we take Brilynn to school. And then maybe we can all go up for the BYU / Utes game for Brilynn bday.
I'm also so excited for Gavin to go with Lindsay to the dance! They will have a great time! I just love that girl! Such a fun cute girl!
I sure love and miss you guys!
JoLynn
P.S. I am so happy about Gavin's job! I wish I could see him working in action. I bet he rocks that job!
Post a Comment