I just finished reading the final book of the "Hunger Games" series. REAL or Not Real?...Real!
I was completely captivated by the first book. I read it in two days and couldn't put it down. The second was slow to get started but then caught my attention and held it until the ending which not only confused me but left me unintrigued. This final book had a lot to be desired in my opinion. I never felt immersed, connected or anxious to see what was coming...all the way to the last page which felt somewhat shallow and dull...Not to mention down right depressing...but I won't go into further details since my handsome husband...REAL.. is currently sitting on the couch reading page 62.
Gavin made the final cuts and is now a part of the Sunset Express. Real or Not Real?...Real!
The Sunset Express is a very prestigious school choir (or at least the director believes so) which kids audition for three long days. Many try out and few make it. Grant is a member of the Sunset Express too...which was Gavin's sole motivation for trying out. We are proud that he was chosen and happy that he will have another extracurricular activity to participate in!
Savanna is eager to participate in many enriching after school activities. Real or Not Real?...NOT Real!
It dawned on me a few weeks ago that I am on the verge of having lazy children. They aren't very motivated to do anything more than that which is required of them. So I told them each to come up with some ideas of activities they would like to take part in this year. Gavin plays the piano, plays basketball in the fall, is now in Sunset Express...I feel like he is somewhat living up to his potential at the moment. However, Savanna is not interested in anything at all. I offered singing lessons, after school cooking classes (since she claims she wants to be a chef when she grows up), basketball, soccer, dance???? Nothing drew the slightest enthusiasm...until last week...I was sitting on the couch reading and she cozied up next to me and said..."Mom is there a place in town that teaches kids to Juggle...because I think that would be REALLY cool". I am not aware of a clown college near St George but I am on a frantic search for one! Watch out Aunt Lyndsey!
Football starts this weekend. Real or Not Real?...REAL!
Brent is trying to remain composed about the whole event but there is a twinkle in his eye, an extra smirk in his smile and a bounce in his step. In two days his life will be complete again...his on-air family will return to the nest where he will be lovingly waiting with open arms...Win or Lose!...for my sake WIN hopefully!
This weekend is our "Girls Get AWAY Weekend". Real or Not Real?...REAL!!
This weekend Mom is treating us three girls to a weekend in Park City. Swiss Days in Midway, shopping, relaxing, girl talk...a lot of laughing most likely and some good food for sure! I am literally counting down the minutes!
Well we just played a little catch up with the Ellsworth Family.
I find it difficult to blog these days...REAL...but I will be better...REAL or NOT REAL???

6 comments:
Congratulations to Gavin! And thank you Kami for the update of what is going on with the other Ellsworths. I love hearing/reading all about you guys. It makes it seems like you all aren't so far away.
I so understand what your saying and feeling about your kids and activities. I get so frustrated with Conner! Blake has ALWAYS been one to be involved in something. Brilynn has also always been involved in something. Conner well more when he was younger. However, it was always somewhat of a fight. I have tried to get him to try and play every sport known to man. I have offered art lessons since he loves to draw and paint. I have offered wood shop classes since he loves to build. But he always says nah. I am good with just doing what I'm doing. So once I had to ask, "And Conner what would that be?" and in Conner's very serious sweet voice he says, "Oh mom, I'm just being me and that's enough, isn't it?" And so ever since then I keep on trying but then I just remind myself that if he's happy just being him than that's good enough. He did say just recently that he thinks he might try out for the track team in the spring. Cross your fingers, hold your breath, and pray he decides to expand his horizons a bit!
Well we sure love you all! Oh and have a fabulous weekend. I'm so way jealous!
Love Ya,
JoLynn
Cute post Kam...Real or Not Real...REAL! I'm so happy that I don't have to look at Brett Favre's picture anymore at the top of your blog. Of course, my favorite story is about Savanna wanting to learn how to juggle. What a crack-up! I, too, am really happy that Gavin made Sunset Express, I think he will really enjoy performing in front of a crowd...I can just picture it now...oh my! I'm also excited about football season, not nearly to the extent that Brent is excited, but I love watching BYU play and this year we'll get to watch it in HD on a pretty good size screen, I think it will be GREAT! However, I am a little sorry that we will miss BYU's first game due to our Girls' Weekend BUT I'm really looking forward to the weekend with my Little Girls...every mother's dream...I can't wait!
JoLynn, Jump in the car RIGHT NOW and come join us, we have lots of room, in the car and in our room! Hurry...we're leaving tomorrow morning!
Nancy~thank you so much!!! I'd love to come! Maybe I will one of these times:)
Real or not real- that third book ruined the entire series for me! So real!!! I have no desire to ever re-read them and will not recommend them to anyone! I wanted to curl up in a ball in a dark room and never come out after reading the third.
Yay- We are happy Gavin will be singing with Grant this year.
And juggling would be cool. I am sure there is a clown school somewhere close by... I think it is called the U of U. Just kidding...
I am excited for this weekend too. See you tomorrow. Hopefully we will come home to our houses in tact and the kids fed.
Hey we are also very busy with kids. Football, soccer, and dance. Wow you all have a lot going on. I just posted on my blog so you will see the happenings. What the heck with the clown college.. Don't even look.. AH I am in a panic now. Geez. We miss you guys..
Post a Comment