"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Break = Spring Training!!

90% of the trips Brent and I go on are based around some sporting event. This of course is a mutual agreement. We both LOVE sports...so why not combine our one true LOVE (each other) with our other true love...sports! Makes sense right?

Well this week is spring break. The kids are in SLC, the sun is shining...I mean really shining and less than 500 miles away there are MULTIPLE baseball games going on! That's right it's Spring Training baby! Arizona here we come..again!

We rolled into Phoenix Friday afternoon and went straight to Maryvale Park where our Indians were playing the Brewers.

Front row seats in 80 degree weather. What a way to start a vacation.

Since three of the last 4 weekends have been spent in AZ and poor JoLynn had to play hostess each time we really wanted to keep ourselves entertained so the rest of the family could actually get back to reality, normal everyday errands, doctor visits, football, anniversaries, etc.

The Ellsworth's are busy people! I honestly wonder how they do it all.

So our attempt to stay busy...other than sporting events...consisted of shopping, more shopping, visiting with Lyndsey, more shopping, seeing dear friends, eating and playing Poker games on our phones.

We were so lucky to get to see the Skippers...in all the BEAUTIFUL glory! Really you have never seen so many gorgeous people in one family.

...and this wasn't even all of them!
Grandma Nancy was so kind and gave Brent and I her season tickets to the Phoenix Suns, for the game on Monday night against the Timberwolves.

Before the game we ate at Hard Rock and FINALLY found a Suns t-shirt for me to wear!



I swear we were practically ON the court. SO SAWEEET! The only thing I was disappointed about was that the Suns weren't playing the Bulls...so I could have seen Korver that close up! But truthfully...I had the cutest guy on the planet sitting next to me anyway...so really no complaints here!
We got home from the game and I was putting on my PJ's and all of the sudden I felt this awful stinging in the bottom of my foot...yep you guessed it...SCORPION! Now I am no wuss by any means, I have a very high tolerance for pain and I am here to tell ya...no matter what anyone says...scorpion stings HURT LIKE HELL! This was my first experience with a scorpion sting and I PRAY it is my last. I was awake all night as the pain traveled up my entire leg, burning, cramping, twitching and even the next day I could hardly walk. Now SOME people...who obviously have never been stung before wanted to tease and make light of the pain I was in...but as I recall THESE people also hopped on top of the bed as far away as they could get as their wife hopped around on one foot, swearing, crying, agonizing and swearing some more. BUT THESE people also FINALLY came to my rescue and smashed the shit out of that damn bug!
Thanks Babe!
Yesterday we went back (I hobbled) to the ball fields for another Indians game and 82 degree weather!



Vacations always come to end too early. Unfortunately for us we are headed back to work tomorrow...where I can look out my window, which is painted shut, at the sun shining, people picnicking in the park below and remember how just yesterday I was in another state, surrounded by loved ones, enjoying the sun, sitting in the green grass of a baseball field...


...and begin counting down the days until our next adventure!...hopefully scorpion free.


Thanks Brian, Jolynn, Dick, Sherri, Nancy and Kids for making our week so enjoyable and full of good memories! We love you all and can't wait to see you again...but we will try to wait and give you a break from US! :)


4 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Sounds like a fun vacation; minus the scorpion, of course. You should have thrown that #$%&* thing down Brent's pajama bottoms for his needless and insensitive teasing. ;~)

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm glad that you were able to enjoy your trip in the mists of our crazy house and me not being a very friendly hostess. I'm sorry that the last few times you've been here I haven't been the greatest to be around. Hopefully, the next time we see you guys I am in a better place emotionally. I hope you know that I love and appreciate you both and I am always glad to see you and have you here. So sorry about the scorpion! I hope you are feeling better!

Love You Both,
JoLynn

Marianne said...

It is true that we never appreciate as children how good we really had it. How I miss the weather in AZ in the springtime! SIgh. I am glad you had fun inspite of Mr. Scorpion. Dee wants you to know that he has never been stung by one but he is very sorry for your pain. He wants to know if you would trade him your scorpion for his bronchitis and broken rib! And what is with your brave man jumping on the bed? I love that visual in my mind!

Kaci said...

Looks like another fun trip to the AZ making me green with envy and wishing I had more freedom. But alas.... I like your clothes and tan arms. I, myself am headed as we speak to the fake and bake salon in preparation of our trip to St G in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking a little color will give the illusion that I am thinner than I am.

Glad you had fun. See you soon