"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, March 4, 2012

In Loving Memory...

Grandpa Jerry Allred

May 29, 1927-February 25, 2012


On Saturday Feb 25, 2012 our sweet Grandpa Jerry passed away.

Jerry had only been in my life for the past 4 years but I immediately fell in love with this amazing man and he instantly treated me as if he had been MY Grandpa forever. He welcomed the kids and I into his his home, his family and his heart. I will be eternally grateful for the time I knew Grandpa Jerry and for the short time I was blessed for being his grand-daughter (in-law).


This past weekend we honored Grandpa Jerry and his extraordinary life.

Brent, the kids and I were able to travel down to Gilbert on Thursday to spend time with the family before the funeral.


Thursday night we gathered at Morty's to watch a video that Bryan had made from pictures of Jerry and his family throughout his lifetime. It was beautiful. Bryan did a outstanding job.

Friday after a little shopping and lunch at Ned's we dressed up for the viewing at the mortuary.
So many people came to honor Jerry, many people sent gorgeous bouquets, heart felt letters and cards. It was a night full of love, tears and memories.
It was fun for me to finally put faces with names and connect those I have heard stories about as Jerry would share his life with me these last 4 years.

Saturday morning the funeral was held at Jerry and Nancy's stake center.

All who participated did a beautiful job. The spirit was felt and Jerry's life of service, hard work, love and laughter was shared with all who attended.

The graveside service was held at The Mesa Cemetery, where Brent's mom is also buried.

It was a perfect day. The sun was shining, sky was blue, it was warm...just perfect.






Nancy's ward put together a delicious luncheon for the family.


Everyone was helped and served was such a blessing to the family. It was a wonderful day.





Death is always bitter sweet to me. I don't tend to get emotional or allow myself to feel too sad. I believe that this is because I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I know that the Plan of Salvation is REAL. I know that just as our Savior Jesus Christ LIVES that we too will live again. Our families will be reunited in joy and ever lasting happiness.


Although it may seem long on earth...we will be with Grandpa Jerry again SOON. I know he will be waiting patiently to embrace his sweet Nancy, to be by her side for eternity.


We love you Grandpa Jerry...Until we meet again!

4 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

What a wonderful tribute. Thank you for being apart in this time with us and for all your help and support. We love you guys!

JoLynn

Anonymous said...

This was a very sweet tribute Kam. The pictures are a wonderful reminder of the wonderful day. Jerry's service was a lovely event, I'm sure he would have been so pleased. Jerry was a great man and it was only fitting that he be remembered by so many in such a loving way. I'm so glad that we got to be there. Thanks for sharing.

Kaci said...

I am heartbroken. He was such a cute little man and what a life he lived and he was so loved by so many good looking people. You all looked breath taking. I am certain he enjoyed looking down at all of you. It was no doubt a beautiful service, it looked beautiful.

On a selfish side note: Can I borrow your skirt when/if I lose my weight? And thanks for the texting help the other day, it helps to be able to talk to someone who understands. Gurrrrr, why is it so stupid?

Kris said...

What a sweet tribute.
He just looks like a great man.