"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, November 26, 2012

SO Much to be THANKFUL For...

I have spent most of this month feeling overwhelmed...with gratitude! Maybe it was in anticipation of the holiday, maybe because I spent countless hours reading all of your faithful day by day posts about the blessings in your lives or possibly just because I too am BLESSED beyond measure! Whatever the reason I am GRATEFUL...
I am grateful for a loving husband who is kind, forgiving, patient and who loves me more each day. I am grateful he is hard working and supports our family. I am grateful he honors his priesthood and leads our home in righteousness. He is my greatest blessing and I love him with all my heart.
I am grateful for two beautiful children who are obedient, selfless and honest. I am grateful that they love each other, care for one another, hardly ever fight and are actually really good friends. I love their unconditional love for Brent and I. They are my pride and joy.
I am grateful for our families. I am grateful for parents who love us and serve us. I am grateful for parents who are so supportive. I am grateful for parents who raised us to be the people we are now...who showed us how to make good choices and how to be truly happy.
I am grateful for sisters (all 4 of you) who teach me, who are funny, who inspire me and who are some of my very best friends.
I am grateful for brothers who love my sisters, who love their families, who also honor their priesthood and who are examples to me.
I am grateful for my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful that I know he lives. I am grateful that I know families are eternal.
My list could go on and on...and maybe it should...but for now I will share our Thanksgiving with you...

This year Gavin and Savanna were with us for the first time in 6 years. We were thrilled that they were able to come with us to Arizona to celebrate Thanksgiving.
We arrived in AZ on Wednesday evening with just enough time to visit and catch up for a few hours.
Thanksgiving morning Brant and I went for a run...in anticipation of eating the entire day!
We met up at The Mortensen's house for dinner...a delicious banquet style feast!



After we ate we played a bean bag toss "football" game. It was so fun. Brent and I soon realized WE were the team to beat. We were unstoppable...until Brent put $20 on the line and we CHOKED!!! However I STILL hold the record as THE ONLY person to get all 4 bean bags in the hold in one turn. I am very proud of that accomplishment!
Thanksgiving night the stores opened early for Black Friday shopping...so we hit the lines at 8:00 pm. Brent and Brian unknowingly decided to wear the EXACT same outfit...and lucky for me they willingly posed for a quick picture before Brian went straight to the room to change.
Target was out first stop. We waited in line for just under an hour and managed to make a dear friend as we waited. Christy...although we oped to call her "Chris" is a single mom, labor and delivery nurse at the local hospital and had just finished a 14 hour shift. It was nice to meet her. We exchanged numbers and hopefully we can keep in touch a little...possibly share the gospel with her a tad!
After Target we stood in line at Best Buy for 2 1/2 hours...it was COLD. The men went and bought hot chocolate and picked up some camping chairs so at least we were comfortable. We were joined by the Downing boys...our official Best Buy Black Friday shopping buddies! They kept us entertained as well.
Once we got in the store it took us all of 10 minutes to find our items and check out. HMMMMM!!
Me and Chris!
After Best But we went home for a couple hours of sleep...woke up and headed to Chandler Mall...another one of our traditions!
We started with breakfast as always...then we spent money like crazy!

After a long morning of shopping we went to the movies to see Breaking Dawn 2...this is also a tradition for JoLynn and I...one of my favorites! However I am not sure what we are going to do now that the series is over??
The movie was so good...it was by far my favorite one. I have never read the books so the ending was a complete shock to me and I LOVED IT! I screamed, gasped, almost cried...and I was literally shaking.
Saturday we took family pictures. I am so excited to get them back. In the nearly 5 years I have been a part of this family we have not taken a group picture. I can't wait to add it to my family portrait collage.
After pictures we went out to dinner to celebrate Grandma Helen's 90th birthday. We went to a restaurant most of us had never been to...Tia Rosa's. It was REALLY yummy.
After dinner we came back to Brian and JoLynn's for Ice Cream cake!
Saturday night Brent and I packed the car so we would be ready to leave first thing in the morning.
When we woke up Sunday morning Brent was so sick...we left anyway and as I drove home...eating candy to try and stay awake... he threw up...over and over again. Poor him...I have never seen him so sick. He couldn't keep anything down and he was drained. It was a LONG ride home and seemed to take forever.
We made it home in one piece...just barely. For that I am grateful too!
We hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that each of you were able to count your many blessings!

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

You always do a much better job sharing and telling than I do. I should just make a post that says refer to ur blog:-)
Thanks for staying with us and for all your help helping me to keep it together as much as possible! You have so much wisdom and I so appreciate it!
I love you family picture! Its darling!

Love You,
JoLynn