"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

40 is the NEW 25??

Today is our sweet friend Tammy's 40th Birthday.
Last night in celebration of the big 4-0 she requested that all of us girls get together and do something FUN...
 ...her 40th birthday wish was to POLE DANCE...
 YES you heard me...the 5 of us ranging from our mid 30's-mid 40's put on our best workout clothes and took a Pole Dancing Class.
 I was the first to arrive and I must admit I was a little nervous, embarrassed, mortified and even a little scared. This was stepping out of a HUGE comfort zone for ALL of us...well maybe NOT Tammy. She definitely has the biggest personality of all of us put together.
BUT once we got started I can honestly say I had the BEST time. We had so much fun spinning, sliding, posing and yes we even did a few sexy body sweeps and pelvic thrusts along the way. 

 I know it doesn't look like much BUT I just so happened to be in a front spin, cross-body step, reverse turn, back swing with my inside leg wrapped around the pole while sliding and lowering myself to the floor. This was my favorite combo.
 I really was spinning the pole at this very minute!

Now keep in mind we are all beginners but I think we did really well for our first attempt.
However after our session was over...Annie, our instructor, showed us how it is REALLY done.


I haven't had this much fun being embarrassed in a LONG time!
I may even go back for lesson 2!...I am pretty sure I can make more money Pole Dancing than working for the city anyway...just something I am thinking about!

Happy 40th Birthday Tammy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud...REALLY. Dad just came in to check on me because I'm laughing so hard and loud! Whoever would have thought that my little baby girl would grow up to be a pole dancer. It looks like you have some pretty good moves. I'm very proud!!!!

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

You go, girl! LOL! That instructor is Gumby or something... Holy CRAP.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Yep, this is my next big thing I'm going to try to get me out my shell! This would be so huge for me! I'm way impressed with you ladies. I'm thinking this would be a great investment for you and Brent to put in your house. It would be a great conversation piece and I'm pretty sure Brent wouldn't complain!

Kaci said...

We just evicticted a guy who was for lack of a better word "a gigalo" running some sort of naughty business out of his apartment and he gave us the symbolic middle finger by leaving a pole in the middle of his bedroom. We have it in our storage unit if you want to buy it.

I heard pole dancing is a great work out. At least that is what Carmen Electra says to justify it.

Chris Rock says every father should only have one goal... To keep his daughter off the pole.

That is the extent of my pole knowledge. I do really like your outfit. I however will never pole dance... Not because I'd be embarrassed but because I'm so clumsy I know I would hurt myself somewhere unpleasant.

Marianne said...

Words come to mind...Brave, crazy, painful, insane! You constantly amaze me Kami! I love how you embrace life and always go for it!

Saddie said...

WOW! That is hilariously awesome and disturbing at the same time. :D It's good to see you living it up!

Just wondering... for a present, did you bring bills to slip the birthday girl? Tee hee.