Each year after the marathon I take a quick trip up north to visit with my sponsors and "Thank" them for all they do to contribute to the success of the marathon. The last two days I made the trip.
I woke early on Thursday and headed north. By the time I reached Payson I was about out of gas so I filled up and took the opportunity to go see the progress of the Payson temple. It is coming along beautifully. Moroni is on top and it is looking complete.
My first stop was up Provo canyon in Heber...so on the drive through the canyon I stopped at Bridal Veil Falls and snapped a few photos...unfortunately is was too chilly and the wind was blowing so I didn't stay long. I was a little sad because the air was so smoggy on this trip so everything looked and felt dirty.
After a LONG day of driving from Provo through Park City, into Bountiful, through Salt Lake and back to Provo again for a meeting on BYU Campus...I was exhausted and tired of being in the car. So I spent some time walking around campus. WOW has it changed. So many new buildings, walkways, less trees and my favorite lawn where I would sit three days a week and "study" (meaning meet cute boys who were walking by) is completely gone....taken up by concrete and a few basketball hoops...which I guess is a better way of meeting cute boys anyway?? I just LOVE the BYU campus. It feels so good just being there, walking through the bookstore, watching all the students hurry to class, mingle with friends and eat at the Cougareat! It was so fun for me to get to go into a couple buildings where I use to have class...how liberating it was to be there knowing I would NEVER have to step foot in the testing center again!
Last night I met Isa and Kelli at Mimi's Cafe.
Oh how I LOVE these girls. What a huge impact they, along with Jo and Shenise (who could not make it) have had on my life. Every memory I have from the time I was 8 though college somehow involves at least one of these girls. How blessed I feel each time we get together and pick up where we left off...as if no time has passed at all.
It was so fun to see these two.
On a side note...I left for SLC looking like the picture on the left...with a stupid a-line growing out fiasco mess of a hair do and came home with glorious long, layered hair. Thanks Lyndz for hookin me up.
Someone please remind me that a-line are nasty to grow out...or maybe I am just impatient.
Glad to be home to my kiddos and my hot hubby...who I missed like crazy.
Going to enjoy a night of BYU football and relaxin cozied up next to the man who makes my everyday a PERFECT day!





3 comments:
What a trip! It has been such beautiful weather up here I am glad you got to enjoy it! It was such a fun game to come home to also! Go Cougars!!
Looks like a lovely trip. Fun times with friends and very cute new hair. I can't wait to see it in person
Sounds like a fun little trip! Glad you got to see your friends and catch up with them. I also LOVE your hair! SO SO CUTE!!!
Can't wait to see you guys! (Just 4 more weeks:)
Post a Comment