There are MANY things that I LOVE about my husband. The list goes on and on! But one of my favorite things about him is his work ethic. Brent is very hard working, he is completely reliable and I know he would do anything to support our family. Although I hear him complain about "things AT work" from time to time I have NEVER once heard him complain about working. He wakes up everyday just shortly after the sun has gone down, puts in many long hours of physical labor, definitely blue collar work and I truly believes he enjoys it! He is GOOD at what he does and his customers LOVE him...not to mention he looks so hot in his uniform. I am always so blessed to be his wife and so proud of the husband/father that he is.
During the year the ALSCO Service Department holds several contests to entice the drivers to work harder, sell more product, sign up new accounts etc. The BIG contest which lasts ALL year is "Routeman of the Year". Cash and extra vacation days are the reward! It is a pretty big deal.
March 31st marked the final day of the competition and the announcement was made today at staff meeting...
Brent is officially the "Routeman of the Year!
As you can see we had a pretty good idea that he was going to win so the kids and I decorated the house for his arrival home!
We are SO PROUD of him!
Papa and Nana helped us celebrate by joining us for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings and Nana made a Texas Sheet Cake WITHOUT nuts just for Brent!
Months ago Brent and I talked about what we would like to do with the winnings "if by chance" he won. Although we tried hard not to talk about it...in fear we may jinx it...we did decide that Boston would be our first choice. I tried so hard not to look at flights, research hotel locations, check sporting event schedules or ask others who had been there what the "must-do's" are in Boston.
However, as of NOW we are booked and headed to Boston for our 6th anniversary!
Boston or BUST baby!!
Now if I can just wait til JUNE!
I am so happy for Brent. I am thrilled that his hard work paid off.
Good job Babe!





8 comments:
Congrats to him/you!!! Boston is AMAZING. You. Will. LOVE Boston!!! Make sure you go to Mike's Bakery and do plenty of historical sight-seeing. It is such a beautiful, well-manicured/maintained city. I'm excited for you both and I look forward to that blog post especially… :)
Congratulations to Brent!! We're so happy for and proud of him! He really is a hard and dedicated worker and such a good employee. I'm also excited for your trip to Boston. I think you will LOVE it! We had a hard time finding good food there but I know it exists. We just kept getting bad advice about places to eat....EVERYDAY. Be sure to read about all the history of this great city before you go, it will make your trip much more meaningful. So happy for you both!!
He always has been like that, just like his Dad and brother. They are amazing men! That is such a great accomplishment! I am really jealous of your Boston trip. I have always wanted to see that place. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures and reading about your adventures. (Is this trip sports related?)
Marianne,
OF COURSE this trip is sports related!! :)
When do WE ever go somewhere without it being a sports related trip? Our Indians are playing the Red Sox that week at Fenway...yes we will be there cheering them on!
I am sad that basketball will be over. I REALLY would like to watch the Celtics play at the garden! OH well maybe another year.
in the words of someone I admire so much " Good Job You !!!" :)
so happy for your hubby and yipee you get a fun trip out of it too! We LOVED Boston and of course know all the good places to eat. So stoked for you all and it sure sounds like he deserves it so much !!
Good job Brent! That is so awesome. What a fun way to celebrate your big accomplishment. I would love to go back east someday and see some of the historical sites or even a good baseball game. Very fun!
Good job Brent! That is so awesome. What a fun way to celebrate your big accomplishment. I would love to go back east someday and see some of the historical sites or even a good baseball game. Very fun!
Way to go Brent! So proud of him! He's a true example that hard work pays off! You guys will love Boston! Its been years since I've been but I'd love to go back again. I know Blake will sure be jealous!
Love You Guys!
JoLynn
Post a Comment