"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The HAP's

So it has been a while since my last post. Blogging use to be so much fun when I had a husband who was willing to take pictures and allow me to document our life. Now you would think I was asking him to cut off a leg or even worse...give up sports. It is almost not even worth the effort...although I DO LOVE to blog and keep this mediocre journal/family history. But now unfortunately my blogging days are few and far between. 

Hap #1. A few weekends ago Brian and JoLynn were in Vegas celebrating the anniversary. They invited us to come down and spend some time with them. Even though it was a short trip we had so much fun. I for one LOVE going to Vegas. I have such good memories there and they all started with the first time I laid eyes on my HOT husband. Since then we have spent many weekends there celebrating love and spending time with family. 
This Saturday trip was spent mostly eating, snacking, buying treats and playing Blackjack (or I should saying LOSING at Blackjack). We watched a lot of March Madness and A LOT of the entertaining people who frequent Vegas. 
More good memories and tons of laughter!
Hap #2.  Last year our orthodontist told me that Gavin needed to have his wisdom teeth pulled. I just brushed it off and procrastinated for a bit. I just couldn't seem to find a good time of year to allow him recovery time. Then our Orthodontist told me AGAIN that it NEEDED to be done ASAP. This last weekend the kids had "Easter Recess" and had a couple days off of school so I scheduled his appointment. 
Gavin was pretty nervous, this being his first real surgery, so this made ME very nervous. I tried to pretend like I was calm and collected as we drove to the surgeons office Thursday morning. I tried to hide the fact my heart was pounding, my hands were shaking and I was on the verge of tears. We sat down and Gavin pulled out ALL the pamphlets the waiting room had to offer and began reading up on his procedure.
By the time they called us back he knew more about the surgery than the Doctor did.
 AND he had made a list of ALL the questions he wanted answered.
How long will the surgery take?
How big will my incisions be?
What will my recovery be like?
How long will the swelling last?
and he went on and on!
I swear I feel like the child sometimes when he is around. He is so grown up and mature.

After the doctor took new x-rays and started to prepare Gav for surgery he discovered that Gavin had two extra wisdom teeth on the top row. YEP 6 in total. This of course lead to a new list of questions. AND of course they charge PER TOOTH! 
However even with 6 teeth the surgery was over in no time and they were calling me back to the recovery room.

There are so MANY reasons that I LOVE Gavin...but his tenderness and soft heart will ALWAYS be my favorite. When I went back into the room he looked so sad...big tears swelling up in his eyes. "I don't know what just happened to me mom"...was the first thing that he said. "I keep crying and I don't know why...I'm not sad or anything"
He was absolutely heart breaking. So sweet and gentle in such a LARGE body. I often forget that he is technically still a kid.
The nurse told him to try to keep him mouth closed tight so he started talking in sign language instead. HILARIOUS!

He is recovering nicely, not too much pain and he has been such a good patient. I just adore this child!

Hap #3. Every Easter weekend the city holds the Art Festival. 110 artists from all over the country gather in Town Square to be fed by me!
I am not sure how I got stuck with this job but that is what I do for two days straight. Make coffee, host breakfast, make and deliver snack packs through out the day! It is NOT my favorite event.
However I do love that my family comes to my rescue each year to help, grab lunch and walk the festival with me. This is my favorite part of the weekend event.

Hap #4. Easter Sunday I woke up early and hid eggs around the house...mostly filled with money. I figured you are NEVER too old to hunt for dollar bills in glittered eggs...right?
After we watched our beloved Prophet and church leaders in conference the family met at Papa and Nana's for another egg hunt and Easter dinner.

You are also never too TALL to hunt eggs.

Sav and I took a few pictures since I didn't want to deal with Brent's reaction and Gavin looked like he was storing food for the winter. I can ALWAYS count on my beautiful girl to take pictures with her mama!
It was a fun Easter day...but of course we took time to reflect on our Savior and redeemer Jesus Christ and his atonement.
I am thankful each day for the testimony I have that HE LIVES and because he lives I will live with him again. That our sweet family of four will be reunited for eternity. I am grateful for a home where the spirit dwells, where the priesthood is honored and helps lead our family. I am grateful for prayer and answers to prayers that come when you need them most. I am grateful to be a member of the TRUE church on earth with a loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ who stand at the head and who guide us through the mouths of living prophets.
I KNOW He LIVES! 
This is my testimony to YOU!

I hope you all had an enjoyable Easter weekend.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

So sweet! Thank you for your testimony! Now, tell that nephew of mine to get off of his behind and smile for a photo or two! I've missed your posts and his smiling face, forced or not! He must be getting old. Old man Brent.

Six wisdom teeth! Oh! I am so sorry! Rachel only had two, none on top. Gavin must have picked up her other two. It's so hard to watch your kids go through that. I did it five times and it never got easier. The worst was Britt getting strep two days later. I thought we would never see her feel well again. I hope Gavin is up on his feet and feel great!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony! You are such an example to me in all things! I sure love you!
I used to like blogging more too but it's not as much fun as it used to be because so many of us don't blog anymore. But I for one feel the need to continue if for no other reason than I have 3 books from my blogging from the year 2008 and now I feel the need to continue! Gavin having 6 wisdom teeth didn't surprise our family. We all knew he had so much wisdom it makes sense to have extra wisdom teeth. He is such a sweetheart of a boy. We sure love him!
We sure love and miss you guys! Thank you for blogging and keeping us informed of all your happenings. We sure love you guys!

Xoxox
JoLynn