"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

While the PARENTS are away...the AUNTS will play!

I am not sure who even reads my blog anymore...JoLynn and Marianne may be the only ones at this point...Thank you to you both!

But I blog I guess for my own personal benefit. A journal of sorts. 

For those of you who read my blog that I am not aware of...April 15th my sister Kori was diagnosed with a brain tumor.
For all the details and updates I started on blog on her behalf. Please feel free to read it and keep her in your prayers.



Kori and Russ flew to Houston on Thursday of last week of her surgery the day before Grants 15th birthday.
Kori was devastated that they would not be there to celebrate his special day with him. So Kaci and I stepped up to the plate!

Friday morning Gav, Sav and I kidnapped him at 5:45 am and took him to breakfast at Black Bear Diner. He had never been there before. We were so happy to be the ones to introduce him to the BEST place in town!



Also Kori and Russ...Mom and Dad...NEVER miss a baseball game. Garrett had a couple on Friday night so Brent and I went to cheer him on!
He looks SO CUTE out there...and he can PLAY!
It was a fun night until the rain came a tumblin down.


Saturday Kaci put on a b-day party for Grant at Fiesta Fun. I happen to know the owners and made a quick call. Kris was SO KIND and gave us our own private bowling alley for free!
I swear people are so kind and generous. 




After bowling we went back to the Hyde's house for cake and ice cream. 
Gavin made a Savanna/KK taco!

That night Garrett had "Senior Ball"
Kaci helped him get ready, picked up the tux and took pictures...so I don't have any to show! BOO

It was a fun weekend celebrating Grant and Garrett too I guess. They are such amazing boys. GOOD kids raised by an AMAZING mom!

Today Kori is in surgery. 8 hours is the estimated time...8 hours of continuous prayers!
She is so strong and brave!

Hurry home Kor. We all MISS YOU!

6 comments:

Marianne said...

I feel the same way about my blog. Hardly any comments anymore, but I keep ongoing. Not much happens to us these days though! If you check your stats you'll probably see that you have more readers than you think. I do, especially on my Time Travel Posts, so hopefully someone appreciates the time it takes to type all of that!

I've been thinking about and praying for Kori and your family all day. Love to you all!

Karen Carter said...

I am still reading !! Keep writing I love it

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I too feel this same way about my blog but I too keep on going more or less as a family history and journal. So please keep on blogging because I for one enjoy reading what all you guys are up to!
My heart is so sad to hear of all that is going on with Kori! Please know I think if you often throughout the day and we continue to keep Kori and all your family in our prayers! Let us know if we can do anything. We sure love you guys!

Love you!
JoLynn

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading, so keep writing.

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Oh, I read your blog still, girlfriend. My heart goes out to you and to your family during this time. I cannot imagine the stress and worry of it all. I am SO sorry. :~/

Also, I have wondered if you guys have set up an account that doesn't loop though You Caring or something - like a bank or a credit union account. That way the You Caring account (or what have you) isn't getting a chunk of the money. (Or maybe they don't take a chunk. I don't know.) But if you had it set up at a bank or credit union, all of the donations could go directly to Kori and her medical expenses...

val said...

I'm still here!