We have been planning this vacation since the Indians 2015 schedule was posted and we saw that they played a three game series in CA against the Angels. We have been counting down the days since the season opened. We have waited patiently...and at times NOT so patiently.
On August 2nd the day finally arrived.
Brent and I loaded up our zippy, rented, Nissan Versa and hit the road toward California.
We made a spit stop in Corona to visit the O'l Alma Mater Corona High School. It looks SO different. New, clean, fresh paint, a grand entrance, banners on every light pole. Almost NICE.
And of course you cannot visit Corona without eating at Miguel's Jr.
Corona's claim to fame, if you will.
After our nostalgic trip down memory lane we headed to Anaheim.
Our hotel was in a perfect location. Disneyland on one side Angels Stadium on the other and smack in between a walk way packed with fabulous restaurants.
That night we ate at Bubba Gump. Neither of us had eaten there before.
It was TASTY!
A fun atmosphere and our waiter played trivia games with us all night with WINS resulting in free salt and pepper, free refills on water and as many napkins as one family could wish for.
The next morning thanks to sweet Brianna...who hooked us up...we went to my second favorite place in the world and helped Mickey celebrate 60 years!
The weather was nice, the lines were short, the pineapple was delicious, the churros were fresh out of the oven and the 60th year additions were exciting. ESPECIALLY the new yeti in the Matterhorn...that literally made me wet myself.
This here IS the "wildest ride in the wilderness".
The man in the front got DRENCHED...I mean absolutely SOAKED and Brent and I laughed SO HARD!
We went on Buzz Light-year and I got smoked. Brent kicked my trash.
After a fun-filled day at the park we went to the ball-park for the first game of the series. We had great seats and because we went early to watch batting practice we were able to see out favorite players up close and personal.
I was 2 feet away from Yan Gomes, who is my FAVORITE by far! I could have reached out and touched him. Instead I took pictures.
He must have known his biggest fan was watching that night because in the first inning, his first at bat, he hit a 2 run homer into center field.
AMAZING! LOVED IT!
Franky Lindor...visited with fans, signed autographs and of course smiled the whole time.
Pitching coach Mickey Callaway gave me a wink and a wave.
The Indians lost!
Tuesday morning we got up early, went for a run, grabbed a bite to eat and then drove into Newport to spend the day laying in the sun, soaking in the vitamin D and watching the TONS of surfers in the water.
Oh the memories came flooding in!
I miss the beach. I miss the ocean. I DON'T miss the sand however!
After our relaxing beach trip and our walk on the boardwalk we went back to our hotel and got ready for game 2.
Extra Innings resulted in an Indians victory!
I think it was my lucky snapback!
Wednesday was an afternoon game...that we LOST in the last minute of the game because our closer SUCKS! It was heartbreaking...it was also bring your field-trip to the park day so I was SURROUNDED by hundreds of punk-ass kids who were too loud, obnoxious and chanted "here we go angels, here we go" over and over for three hours.
By the time the game ended I was anxious, grouchy and ready to open a can on the next 12 year old to cross my path. This could be the reason I did not take pictures that day!
After the game we were invited over to visit with the Ellsworth's life-long friends the Pitton's.
Brad and Holly invited us over for dinner at their home in Newport, along with Jim and Shauna. Mary and Zach came over as well.
It was such a FUN visit...and I can't believe I didn't take a single picture. I almost cried when I realized I hadn't.
The Pitton girls are MY kinda people. Down to earth, no-show, say it like it is kinda gals. I just LOVE IT! I love honest people who aren't in the business of trying to impress people. I love genuine, GOOD people.
It was a perfect end to our stay in CA.
That night Brent and I drove into Palm Springs and stayed the night...with the HUGEST cockroach I have EVER seen.
Thursday morning we got up early and drove into AZ.
Friday Brent and I went school shopping...without our kids?? It was a day full of sending pictures to Savanna through text...interesting!
I was able to make a few purchases though...a few good finds for sure.
We even sent her pictures of us eating at Panda without her...we are mean parents sometimes!
Friday night we went to the Gilbert temple with the family...even though we managed to lose Morty in the process. He waited for Lyndz downstairs but she had joined us upstairs. The session started and Morty was nowhere to be found.
We managed to meet up with him later in the celestial room.
The pouring rain and lightening storm made for some beautiful pictures of the temple.
After the temple we had ourselves a little Cafe Rio as a reward for doing the Lords work.
Saturday Blake and Annie joined us for a quick trip to Spark's Team Shop.
That night we went to bed early in preparation for our drive home!
I was so sad to leave...I hate when a fun vacation has to come to an end.
But life goes on.
HOWEVER...Gavin and Savanna returned home to us after a LONG BRUTAL summer.
I cried as the van pulled up to drop them off.
I have missed these two MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY!
my life just isn't the same when they are gone.
I am SO happy they are back home where they belong.
I am SO happy we are Ellsworthpartyof4 once again!



























2 comments:
I'm so glad your kids are back!! That must be so hard. I don't even want to imagine! I also love how almost every one of your trips revolves around a sporting event of one sort or another. What fun memories you are making!
Don't you love the new ending on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? P.S. It doesn't matter where I sit, or whether or not I am behind a large person or not, I am always the one who gets soaked on Splash Mountain...ALWAYS! Is the new Yeti really that scary? Because I thought the old one was kind of lame!
Now I am all excited to plan our next trip!
Glad you got to see RIchard and spend time with them family. That's what it's all about, really. Love you guys!
It was so fun to get to have you here for a few days! It's always such a treat to catch up and visit, even if when you leave we all are depressed.
I'm so glad you guys got a fun vacation and I'm so so happy your kiddos are back at home where they belong!
Love and Miss Tons!
JoLynn
Post a Comment