"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, August 13, 2015

School Prep!

The kids got home late Sunday evening and had each grown a foot or two. This meant that they had ZERO clothes for school.
So I took off early from work on Monday and we hit the mall (if you can call it that). Really I just wanted to spend time with my children. I have missed them SO much I can hardly stand it.


 We also had a little lunch at Chick-fila. YES we are supporters!

 Tuesday Savanna and I went to the school to get her registered...even though I didn't take a picture!
They had put her in math honors as well as remedial math...we waited in line for over an hour to make that change. LONG day!

Wednesday Gav and I went over to the High School to get him registered, have his school picture taken and get him all enrolled in Drivers Ed.
This took 30 seconds! So organized and easy!
Enough time to allow me to take him driving. He did SO well. Very cautious, accurate, calm and steady. Just like i thought he would be. It was fun for me to take him. Loved it!


Last night Sav went to volleyball try-outs.
We was called back to second try-outs for tonight. She isn't really hopeful. She said there were a lot og girls trying out and many of them have been playing league ball for years. I said they'll be sad if they don't take her when she is 6'1 next year! We will keep our fingers crossed. This would be a great experience for her.

 Last night we gathered as a family so Brent could give the kids Father's Blessings.
This is such an important event each year for me. I just LOVE having a husband who holds, honors and blesses our home with the priesthood.
He gave them wonderful blessings. I don't know about them but I sure felt confident that this year will be a good one.
(please don't mind my MESSY laundry room...I was doing post-vacation and pre-school washing...8 loads in one day! YIKES!)
 This morning the kids woke up early, got ready for the first day of school and I made breakfast!
Gavin will be attending the High School as a sophomore. He is 6'4...actually 6'5 might be more accurate. I haven't measured him since I got back from SLC. He will be taking drivers ed and has a schedule FULL of honors classes and computer programming courses.
Savanna will be a freshman and will rule the middle school. She is 5'9 now...of course taller than me. She hopefully will be playing volleyball...if not we hope she will get involved in something! She too has a difficult schedule this year with a few fun classes like drama and being a teacher's aid.



Good luck to them...and to all of you who are starting school today!
Always such a fun-filled, exciting day!

3 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

They look so crisp and clean and just darling! I am certain that they will have a fabulous school year. I will keep my fingers crossed for Savanna and her making the volleyball team. Oh and can you take Brilynn out driving for some practice and to build her confidence 😉

Sure love and miss you all!
JoLynn

Marianne said...

Seems like summer just started, though not for you, I'm sure,=! What cute, cute kids they are! You have so much to be proud of and thankful for in them. I love that Brent has this opportunity to be a Dad and use his priesthood in that way. What a wonderful blessing for all of you!
All I could think of when you said that Gavin is 6' 4" now is that my Dad would say, "Now there's one tall drink of water!" I hope his driving continues to go well and that Savanna makes the team! Good luck!!

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Let's go to LV and do some REAL shopping!!! WeeeHAW!