This year was an OFF year somehow. I can't quite put my finger on it or even begin to explain WHY it was off...but it just was that very thing...OFF! I'm gonna go ahead and blame the blood moon! There is just no other excuse.
Pretty much every little thing that could have gone wrong leading up to the event DID GO WRONG! I won't give all the horrific details but know that there were MANY!
They all eventually worked them selves out but MAN this was a stressful year for yours truly!
The Gatorade shipment arrived on time...BONUS! But the Clif Bar load was delivered to the wrong location. Luckily for me we have the most FABULOUS group of Parks employees EVER and they cam to my rescue!...as always!
They loaded to product up and hauled it off to the Dixie Center!
EXPO prep went well although there were a few UN-Happy vendors who complained about their location and the competing vendors. BLAH BLAH BLAH...as usual!
Once the EXPO got going everything went quite well.
We looked cute, felt relieved, were fed well.
All smiles from there on out!
We took our annual Select Health Photo!
This year we were privileged to hear from some our athletes with disabilities. I invited my favorite Team to join us in that Inspirational Clinic!
What an amazing pair these two are. I know I say it every year but my life is forever blessed because of Tyler and Brian. They will hold a special place in my heart forever and always!
This year for the first time Gavin and Savanna joined Brent and I for our early morning breakfast and trip to the Start Line.
They helped pass out gloves and welcome runners. Gavin danced a bit and brought great energy to the start. Love this family of mine!
Having Brent by my side at the marathon each year since 2008 has been the best thing for me.
He is so supportive and helps out so much the weeks leading up to the race.
I adore this man and feel like the luckiest girl in the world!
I think I say this each year also but I feel so grateful that I get to work closely with many of my best friends.
They make having to work everyday a little easier and bearable!
This is us waiting for Aaron to ONCE AGAIN WIN the race and cross the finish line!
and WIN he did!
After the race I drug myself again to the Ten Year Club banquet...this time I did NOT cry. This was a first!
The banquet went smooth other than our dear Melea getting so sick that we had to transport her to the hospital. She is doing fine and feeling better each day. I tell ya...this marathon would be easier to RUN than put on. It really kicks our trash...this year it kicked HARD!
I got to see my boys again, snap our yearly photo, give and receive a lot of HUGS and even a couple kisses! This makes all the hard work worth it!
After the banquet the family met at the Lund's for post-priesthood session dessert. Then we went home and CRASHED!
Last night Fiesta Fun hosted a "Thank You" party for our volunteers. From 8-11 no-less. I must make note of that for next year!
Gavin came along and because I was "working" he had to fend for himself. This sweet little guy attached himself to Gavin all night. They Golfed together, bowled together, posed for photos together. Very sweet.
He asked Gavin how old he was. Gavin said 15. Abin said "well we can be friends because you are 15 even though you look like you are 20". I loved it!
Now 2015 is in the books! Clean up has begun, organizing storage has started preparing for Race Season is in the works.
Next year we will celebrate 40 Years of Running!
I am actually feeling excited and anxious for the 2016 St. George Marathon!
See you all NEXT YEAR!














2 comments:
Well done Kami!! What would life be without a little opposition? OK, forget I said that! It's better when everything runs smoothly, but what a crew of help you have! Adversity brings out the best in people. Your family and co-workers/friends are indeed the best! You do such a great job every year! You are beautiful too! ;)
It looks like it was another successful year despite some set backs along the way! You always amaze me how you stay calm and pull everything together! I'm sad we weren't able to see you guys. With us flying to SLC we just weren't able to make a visit in the time that we had there! But next year we are coming to the marathon! We sure love and miss you guys and we're looking forward to Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment