This Thanksgiving started off with the Gilbert Turkey Trot 5K at San Tan Mall.
Brent, Gavin and I woke up early, put on our warmest running gear and jogged out little hearts out. me with pneumonia and Gavin in his vans...apparently I "forgot" to wash his running shoes that were covered in mud because he wore them to the last YM camp-out.
It made for an eventful morning.
They gave us all free donuts, churros and man made snow covered us while we waiting in line.
They also had a HUGE "What I am Thankful For" board that we all could sign...I guess I was the only one in our threesome who was thankful that morning.
I have decided it is hard for me to run other races as a race director.
I am constantly picking at the event...how they could make it better, what they are missing, things they are saying over the loud speaker that they shouldn't be saying etc. This race was especially hard...2500 people and only 8 porta potties...well that is a NO BRAINER!!!
However I was happy to run and spend that time with my two favorite guys on Thanksgiving morning!
Thanksgiving was wonderful as usual...Dick slaved away in the kitchen for days preparing pies, rolls and smoked turkey with gravy!
Everyone else had their fair share of assignments as well. I made a veggie turkey...see below...that Kaci text me and told me was somewhat inappropriate. Oh well...you win some you lose some!
This year the Morty's could not join us but we were thrilled to have Tara, Ty and the three little's (who are not so little) join us! It was so nice having them with us this year. We miss them all so much and loved catching up.
Gavin entertained us with some music...a song that he wrote, submitted to the Reflections Contest here in Washington County, won local and is now going to region. I was so excited for him. He has so much talent and I love that he wants to share his gifts with others.
We should find out by the 18th if he moves on to state!
That night we went "Black Thursday" shopping...which in my opinion SUCKS! I love waking up in the middle of the night, standing in long lines, drinking hot chocolate, fighting over deals and eating breakfast at the mall food court.
Thursday night there were NO good deals and we were in bed by midnight. We did get up again in the morning and go back out...deals were found, clothes were purchased and all was well.
Friday afternoon we all met up at the cemetery to visit "The Moms", Grandpa Jerry and Grandpa George.
After we went back to the Ellsworth's for leftovers and games...well a couple games which led to cheating, fighting, swearing and throwing cards....but what else is new!
Saturday was a busy day...a FUN day for sure.
First we hit up Ned's for an early lunch.
Savanna and I have made this photo opp a tradition.
Brent of course wanted NOTHING to do with it!
We went to the movies to see Mocking Jay part 2.
I really enjoyed the movie but the best part was ALL the seats reclined. Feet up, head back...made for a PERFECT flick watching experience.
After the movie we went to Gecko Grill...our FAVORITE!
Mini Chimi's with jalapeno/cream cheese! DELICIOUS!!
After dinner we went to see the Christmas lights at the Mesa Temple. It was quite chilly so we did a loop, snapped some photos, photo bombed a few family pictures and then went to get ice cream at DQ.
Thanksgiving 2015 was a success!
So much fun, lots of laughs and of course great company all round.
We were sad to leave as usual but excited that we will be back in a couple weeks to spend another fun-filled weekend with our AZ family! Can't wait!












1 comment:
It was so fun getting to be with you guys and visit with you! We enjoy every chance we get to see and visit with you guys! We very much enjoyed listening to Gavin play music for us. He has such talent and is so gifted. We looking forward to seeing you guys again in a couple of wks!
Love you!
JoLynn
Post a Comment