2015 was not the best year for our family as a whole. We were very saddened by a couple events that took place. Kori's cancer/tumor and the death of Sherri. Although we were saddened we are not a sad people. This is solely because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, our faith, our testimonies and the knowledge that we have of a loving Father in Heaven who continues to bless our lives daily.
We were all too happy to say goodbye to 2015 and begin again in 2016.
2015 didn't end without me turning 40 first!
YEP the big 4-0.
I have been dreading this birthday since I turned 39. I am not exactly sure why?? I mean age is just age...it doesn't define us, it doesn't control how we look, feel or act necessarily. It is merely a factual number placed on us to document time spent on earth...this is my new take on the whole aging process.
To be honest turning 40 was quite fun.
I came into work that morning to find this life sized banner on my office door thanks to my friend Kelly. Being our graphic artist one would think he could have found a better picture of the birthday girl...please keep in mind I was in costume. I do not normally wear plastic headbands, cat-eye glasses and scarves around my neck!
Then there was a delivery for your truly!
GORGEOUS roses from my handsome hubby!
With a very sweet card that helped me realize HE is the only one that really matters when it comes to me looking and being OLD! As long as he thinks I'm "Hot" I am "Hot".
The kids also added to the festivities by decorating the house with birthday signs!
That day after working a couple hours I drove over to Twisted Noodle (my favorite restaurant in town) for my birthday lunch!

I just love my friends. They bring so much happiness to my life and have made work more than bearable these last 10 years!
A lovely way to spend the afternoon on the day you turn 40!
This was the gift the Dawn gave me...it went especially well with the squatty potty that Brent and I received from our friends the McCrackens.
All my gifts!
That night I got a text from Kaci saying that Mom and Dad had offered to watched the littles for the evening so she and Raleigh were free to party!
Party we did!
That's right...we got our food on at Peppers...
and then we got our game on at Sunset Bowl.
The "White Trash" version.
Misty (Kaci), Kyle (Raleigh), Bo (Brent) and Crystal spend the evening at the stinky, dirty alley and celebrated the end of 2015 together in strobe lights and neon lasers.
Look at my mans form! 40 aint got NOTHING on him!!
After bowling we came home to ring in the New Year with Gavin who had been home alone all night. I asked him if he wanted to make plans and his response was "I was just planning on spending your birthday with you". It broke my heart to tell him Brent and I had other plans. BUT we rushed home to top the night off as a family...minus Savanna.
Gavin and I played games and watched "Holes" until 2 am.
At midnight Brent woke up, got off the couch, kissed me Happy New Year and walked straight into bed. Gavin and I said Happy New Year and resumed our movie.
Not too exciting but a Happy New Year none the less!
Bridge played games with us too!
He likes to be EVERYWHERE we are. He is the clingiest dog known to man.
New Years Day we kept up with tradition and had our family lunch at Sakura.
This is one of my favorite holiday traditions. It is just food but we always seem to have such a good time and I love spending that day with my family.
On Saturday night Gavin and mostly Savanna hosted a "surprise 40th birthday party" for Brent and I.
right in the middle of our two birthdays. It was PERFECT and SO MUCH FUN!
So many friends and family came to help us celebrate.
Work friends, church friends, friends we haven't seen in years...even Colt made an appearance and he hardly comes to anything. It was the BEST 40th birthday gift ever!
Top pic: work friends - Emilie, Kendra, me, Dawn, Melea, Tammy and Brianna
Middle Pic Billie Jo and Tim Butikofer - our dearest friends
Bottom Pic: Tonya Wilson - my first friend here in St. George and my sassiest!
Left Pic: Savanna and her boyfriend Brayden
Top: Colt and Dawn and the littles Trek and Talia
Middle right: Work friend - Kendra, Brianna, Emilie and Marlin (not pictured), Kelsy and Wil (my massage therapist...the BEST in TOWN!...and Melea's husband)
Bottom: Tony and Lindsay Christensen who got stuck sitting at the kid table...they are our favorite young couple!
Top Left : Family table
Top Right: Ryan and Shannon Jones - our besties from Shadow Mountain and our partners in crime chasing.
Left Middle: Church friends - Jana and Jared Stevens, Jamie and Kylie, Steph and Chet Johnson
Middle Right: more church friends - Cindy and Troy Davis, Russ and Karen Funk and the Buti's
Such a blast!! A fun memory for sure!
On Sunday Gavin was ordained a Priest. Holy COW! A Priest?? He seems so grown up!
I was a proud girl that day.
I love this kid. He is such a light in my life. He is so tender, thoughtful and takes such good care of me. He is an amazing young man who continues to make good decisions, who tries his best to do what is right and honors his priesthood. I am so proud of him and the man he is becoming.
I was also so proud to sit in the room and witness my husband ordain him. Some people take this for granted. Having a husband who honors the priesthood and is worthy to give blessing and preform ordinances of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the greatest blessing given to woman.
I was overwhelmed with the Spirit and thank a loving Heavenly Father who answered this prayer of mine nearly 8 years ago.
To really kick off the changes of 2016 on Monday Brent started a new job. He left ALSCO last week and although there will be many things and people he will miss I believe it was the best decision. He is feeling a little overwhelmed at starting fresh in a new company with little to no knowledge of what they do exactly but I know once he jumps in he will be successful. He just has a way about him.
So 2016??? What do you have in store??
Only time will tell!
Happy New Year to all of you! May 2016 bring you love, happiness and continued blessings!


















5 comments:
Happy Birthday, Kami! 40 isn't so bad, is it!. When I turned 40 I actually thought I was 41 most of the day. I guess because I had been dreading it for a year I thought it was my actual age. It wasn't until I did the math (in the middle of the day) that I realized the mistake. I called Mom and said with excitement in my voice "I'm only 40!" She must have thought I was crazy. Enjoy your new decade!
One thing is for certain, you know how to PAR-TAY, girlfriend! 3 snaps in the Z formation! At 40, you look fan-freaking-tastic! You are one of those lucky few blessed with insanely good looks and you seem to never age with time. I hope your birthday was amazing! <3
It looks like it was a great way to celebrate your birthday and ring in the new yea! 2016 will be a great new year and I'm so excited to see all that this new year has in store!
Great post!!! December was so fun! Love all of your pictures. You don't look a day over 29
Happy New Year! You are going to have to let me know how that Squatty Potty works! It may save some lives in this family (not mine!).
Post a Comment