"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend started off with The St. George Art Festival...as usual. 
This year I wasn't cooped up in a house making coffee all day. That is one perk from being the "Boss" now.
I was able to venture out into the festival and "hob-knob" with the artists and festival attendees.
I also met up with a few characters along the way.

Easter was spent at church...as usual. This Easter Sunday was a bit of a hectic one. I was released as the Primary Presidency 1st counselor and called to be the Young Women Presidency 1st Counselor.  So I said good-bye to the littles and moved right into the middles.
I am excited about my new calling but I am having trouble wrapping my head around mutual, Youth Conference and girls camp...as usual. Since I graduated from YW's many moons ago I have served as 1st counselor 4 different times in 4 different wards. Apparently THIS is my calling in life.

After church we went to the folks for dinner and our annual Easter Egg Hunt.
The Lund littles were ready!
 The photogenic Lunds thought the it would be fun to pose next to the beautiful flower...very spring-like and Easter-ish. Russ gave Kori a nice wet zurburt on her smooth beautiful bald spot.



Even Brent was in the Easter mood and allowed me to take a picture with him...in the room "with the pretty background".


I love Easter. I love that it is finally spring, that the sun is shining, the birds are singing and the flowers blooming...and in our house the sneezes have started. I love the colors all around and the fresh smell in the air. 
I LOVE that we celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. I love that I get to ponder my testimony that He LIVES. I love that I get to share that conviction and feel of his love. 
My KIND WISE HEAVENLY FRIEND! 
My PROPHET, PRIEST and KING
Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

What a fun Easter weekend! Sorry about your calling... The only time I was in (and ever will be in) the YW program, I was also 1st counselor. So, I guess that's where the best of the best go. =)

Marianne said...

Me too! I was the 1st Counselor in YW the only time I was in the presidency! It IS the place! I agree with Tonya. I love that Brent posed with you in the pretty room. He really knows what you like. What a guy! I love your testimony too. It is true! He lives and loves us!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony and for being such a wonderful sister! I am happy and sad for you about your calling! I think they keep putting you in YW because those girls probably adore you and I'm sure you are so good on there! It will be fun to get to be with Savanna. I've enjoyed getting to be with Brilynn but I do have to say it's extremely time consuming!
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing you soon!

Love and Miss You!
JoLynn