"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

I love Mother's Day.
I love celebrating moms and all the hard work, blood, sweat and tears they sacrifice for their children every single day! Not to mention TIME and ENERGY!
I love celebrating being a  mom and the blessing it is to have been sent two beautiful children from a loving Father in Heaven.
I love motherhood!

Mother's Day started on Saturday night when my darling husband took me to my favorite restaurant for dinner. We drove 45 minute north just to eat at Depot Grill...all because I wanted Prime Rib.
They were sold out of Prime Rib by the time we arrived but the meal didn't disappoint and the company is always so satisfying! 
I mean seriously...look at that face. How could any day be a bad day when you get to look at that face ...and kiss it (when you aren't sick of course).

 Sunday morning i was told to stay in bed and my favorite little baby boy came in to hang out with me.
I swear I don't know what I did all those years without him. 
He is just the cutest little thing.
 Gavin came in my room to wish my Happy Mother;s Day and escorted me to the kitchen.
Brent was slaving away at the stove whipping up French Toast with strawberries, peanut butter and whipped cream, just as I ordered!
Gifts waiting for me!


Savanna made me a Spa in a Jar filled with facial scrub, a cooling eye mask, luffa and many other fun pampering items.
 I was given cards galore with kind words of appreciation and LOVE!
This was the card from Gavin...address to Kami...as always!

Before Church as usual we paused for a photo. I was glad to have my tall shoes on or else I am a shrimp compared to these two.
I cannot begin to express the joy Gavin and Savanna have brought to my life these past 16 years.
They are the greatest kids. They make me smile everyday. My heart overflows with love and gratitude for them.

After church we went to the Lund's for our annual Mother's day get together. 
Last year Kori was in Texas on Mother'd Day recovering from brain surgery and Dad was on his way there to be with her.
This year we were all together again.
I am so amazed at the progress she has made in a year. She is such an example of strength and faith.
These three gorgeous woman mean more to me than they will ever know. 
We laugh together, cry together, rejoice together, share one anothers burdens, learn from each other and grow closer each year as a result.
I am so blessed to be the Littlest Little and have been able to be lead by these three.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there who teach your children to love the Lord, to stand in Holy Places, to be obedient, to show respect and to be proud of who they are.
They are in fact the chosen generation and are children of a LOVING Heavenly Father.


2 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the best examples of motherhood and womanhood I know! I'm glad you were spoiled and that you had a happy day! I sure love you and appreciate you! Looking forward to seeing you next wk! 😊❤️😘

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

I love the spa in a jar idea! It sounds like she is a great gift-giver (presentation and all) just like her mommy. :)