"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, June 6, 2016

A VERY EVENT-FULL May!

a year ago our sweet Grandma Sherri passed away. It has been a rough year to say the least especially for Grandma Nancy, JoLynn and Dick. All of the "firsts" without Sherri have took place
The first Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthday, Mother's Day etc. 
A fun time to reflect on her life but a sad time missing her.

Dick has been very lonely this last year. Living in his big house all alone has been extremely difficult.
a few months ago he went to visit his sister Gena and Grandma Helen in Colorado. While he was there he was introduced to Jeanne, Gena's dear friend. He and Jeanne hit it off and shortly after got engaged.
Us children wanted to meet Jeanne prior to the wedding which is taking place next wee...so Dick invited her to visit AZ a few weekends ago along with Christian (her son) and his wife Allison (who is our cousin)...yes we like to keep things in the family!
This is Dick and his so-to-be-wife Jeanne.

Knowing this event would be a little difficult for some of the family I was able to fly down a few days early to help prepare for their arrival.

This is Bridge the day I was leaving. He just hates it when my suitcase is pulled out from under the bed. He knows I am leaving and he gets so sad. I LOVE that I am loved by this dog. I know that sounds so pathetic but it makes me so happy inside.

The weekend that Jeanne and family came to visit was a busy weekend.

First Conner graduated from High School. He is such a great kid! I was glad I got to be there to help celebrate this accomplishment.
We met up at Gecko Grill first to have dinner and to officially meet Jeanne. The circumstances weren't too great to visit so we didn't really get to know her that night.
 Friday morning we all went to breakfast to try once again to get to know Jeanne. Breakfast was once again not the greatest place to visit and it turned out to be a little on the dramatic side. 
I walked away thinking that if Jeanne still marries into this family after that morning she is either a saint or a glutton for punishment!

Friday Brent and the kids showed up for the remainder of the weekend festivities.
Saturday morning Dick brought Jeanne over to Brian and Jolynn's so we could actually sit down and visit...face to face!
It was nice getting to know a little about her and her family. 
We all feel a little bit better prepared to show up in Colorado next week for the wedding.

Saturday night we met up at the Mortensens  for a BBQ and games!
I didn't get any pictures except for these...
This is a collage of what my husband looks like when other people are takin sports and he DOES NOT AGREE!
I was laughing so hard watching him try to be polite to our company and fighting back the four letters words he was NO DOUBT screaming in his head!
Sunday morning Blake and Annie blessed sweet Brynlee.
Blake gave a beautiful poised blessing and Brynlee didn't make a peep. 
We were thrilled to get to be a part of this special day.





As soon as Blake said amen we hopped in the car and headed home.

The following week Garrett and Morgan both graduated from High School as well.
Garrett graduated on Tuesday receiving the principals award and two scholarships. Garrett is such an amazing kid. This year has been a hard one for their family but the kids have managed to stay strong, work hard and help out however needed.
They have been blessed in so many ways!
 Morgan graduated on Wednesday...as a junior no less...17th in her class!
We are so proud of her and all that she has accomplished this year.

Last Friday my sweet baby girl turned 15 years old!
What more can I say about Savanna other than she brings happiness to my life each and every day!
I love this time in her life...I love hearing about her friends, the boys she likes and all the kissing she is doing. 
I LOVE that I am the first person she comes to when things happen. I LOVE that she wants to share her life with me. I LOVE that she considers me her friend and is not afraid to tell me anything.
She is such a joy and I ADORE her beyond words!
 To start her birthday she had her hair done by Quincey who recently started hair school. 
Quin did such a great job I LOVE Savanna's new look. 
However she aged 3 more years by going blonde!


 After her hair appointment she invited a few friends to go to the "Mystery Escape Room".
2 girls and 8 boys...she really is 15!
After that she invited EVERYONE and their dog to the park for b-day party game night which from the sound of it turned more into a little kissing fest!
I really need to monitor her a little closer I'm afraid!
 Saturday the whole family went to Pine Valley to celebrate Savanna and Kaci. They share a birthday!
It was a gorgeous night and we had lots of fun sharing stories of our most embarrassing moments, more spiritual moments and our happiest day ever! Tears were shed and we laughed A LOT!!
So eternally grateful for my family. 


 Monday morning EARLY Brent and I drove the kids up to Provo for EFY.
Even though we literally had to kick them to the curb...because parents are no longer allowed to come into the dorms...it was still a highlight of my summer.
I can't even put into words my LOVE for the EFY program. It was such a spiritually strengthening experience for me a s a  youth and I have the fondest memories of my years spent there.
I am overjoyed that my children also LOVED going, strengthen their testimonies, met kids from all over the country who share their same values and beliefs and have not stopped talking about it since they got home.


This was our MAY! PHEEEEW!

June begins with Youth Conference and then the kids leave to go to SLC!
Brent and I will be heading Colorado for the wedding and then hopefully we will get in some beach time in So. Cal. 
Anyone with a beach house wanna put us up for a few days??

Here's to SUMMER!

2 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Take me to the beach house with you!! I know Jeremy Johnson had one in Santa Monica that he has let us stay in before, but he's in jail right now. A bit of a snag. ;~p

I LOVE Sav's blondie highlights!!!! She looks even more amazing and I didn't even think that was possible. She definitely looks more like you and your sister with the blonde in her hair.

And I am simply delighted to see Brent's facial expressions while talking sports with others. The top left one of him in that photo stitch takes the cake for sure. Rock on, Brent!! :~D

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Whew whee... that was a busy May for sure and I'm thinking June is shaping up to be just as busy! First off I have to say that the collage of the many faces of Brent is hysterical. Maybe it's because I have seen and can just know what he is thinking in every picture! Too dang funny! I also loved the way told of how the breakfast with Jeanne went. Too funny! The memories from that day/weekend will live with us forever! So glad to have had you here with me to experience it all and be apart of all the festivities. You are one amazing sister and I'm so glad I've got you! Now about darling Savanna, just when I didn't think she could get any prettier she did. I love her hair except your right it aged her. I love how close she is to you. I love all her cute stories about boys. She is just too cute! I also love that your kids went to EFY. Conner and Brilynn both LOVED EFY and they too gained so much from it. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend. We sure love you guys!

XOXO
JoLynn