"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

16 Hours with the Kids and Our Weekend Getaway

SEVERAL months ago Brent and Savanna decided they wanted to go to the Florida Georgia Line/Cole Swindell concert in SLC on July 29th.
We weren't really sure what the plans were for the summer with the kids and their dad so we weren't sure if it was really going to happen.
BUT last minute it all came together.

This last weekend Brent and I made a quick trip up north...picked up the kids at 6:00 on Friday night...
Gavin and I dropped off Brent and Savanna on some street corner near the USANA Amphitheater so they could avoid parking and walk to the concert.
 They had a BLAST! 
These two are two peas in a pod. If you didn't know any better a person would think all her genes came directly from him.
I am so glad they share so many connections...I am so glad they get each others humor and sarcasm. I love the relationship/friendship they have.
It makes my heart FULL!
 Meanwhile...Gavin and I had opted not to go to the concert...I'm not exactly sure why...I'm not even sure we were ever invited. OH WELL Gav and I went on a date and we had a great time.
We stopped at Zupa's for dinner...one of my favorites. St. George could REALLY use one!

After dinner we went to Boondocks for mini golf and arcade games.
This kid is just my pride and joy.
I love spending time with him. His mind never ceases to amaze me and his whit amuses me.
He is so much fun for me to be around.
 Gavin and I met up with Brent and Savanna in a Maverick parking lot full of post-concert drunk idiots, throwing up in buckets and falling out of the back of pick-up trucks.
We attempted to grab dessert but everything good was closed so we grabbed half melted Ice Cream Sandwiches at the gas station in our hotel parking lot. Tasty???
We laughed ourselves to sleep at nearly 2:00 am.

Saturday morning we stopped for breakfast at the Original Pancake House in SLC.
GOOD FOOD!!
We had to have the kids back early...16 hours after we picked them up to be exact...because they were headed to Warp Tour that day!

After we dropped the kids off Brent and I went to see Jason Bourne.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bourne movies and have been WAITING for this movie to come out.
Although I thought it was good and entertaining i wasn't just in love with it.
The first three are much better...but Matt Damon did not disappoint.
 We have been hearing about Bam Bams BBQ for all sorts of people...so we thought we would give it a try.
UMMMMM...YUMMMM is all I have to say!
Also SUPER CUTE teenage boys work there...too bad Sav wasn't with us!
Sunday morning we drove back to the STG...and now the kids countdown to HOME begins....
5 days and counting until they return for good! 
I can make it...right?
I think I can, I think I can....

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Blake may never forgive you for going to Bam Bam's without him! Isn't it so good?! I'm glad Brent and Savanna had fun at the concert. Me and country music? Not so much. My girls were all up at USANA fro Andrew McMahon & Panic at the Disco last week. Now that's one I wish I had gone to!

I'm always so happy for you when your kids come home at summer's end. It's only three days now!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

That's so funny that Aunt Marianne said that about Blake and Bam Bam's. He is seriously planning a trip to SLC next fall for his and Annie's wedding anniversary and he has BIG plans of eating at Bam Bam's. So funny! Anyway, even though this was a fast trip it looks like it was a great time! I'm so glad that Brent and Sav had such a good time and that you and Gav did too. You guys are making some fabulous memories that none of you will forget and that's what it's all about!

I'm so glad that your kids are home now! I'm looking forward to reading about the back to school post.

I am also so sad that Brian and I won't be here when you guys come next month. You do not even know how sad I am. But let me tell you.... Conner, Brilynn, Blake, and Annie are sure looking forward to it! And I'm SO jealous of them!

Love and Miss You Guys SO Much!
JoLynn