A few months ago JoLynn called to see if we wanted to join them in Coronado for a family vacation before Conner left on his mission.
I jumped at the chance.
The marathon would be OVER and most of my clean up would be taken care of. I couldn't think of a better way to recover than laying on the sand, in the sun near the ocean.
So we booked our trip and I have been counting down the days ever since.
About a week ago I decided that Savanna would probably have a better time if she was able to bring a friend. I waited until the perfect time to ask Brent because sometimes he has opinions about things like that...right after the Indians swept the Red Sox! "Yes of course" he said! I gave a little wink to Savanna and she started making calls.
She invited her sweet friend Lindsey.
Lindsey is a very positive, upbeat kinda girl...pretty drama free. She was absolutely DARLING!
Making the trip to So. Cal always seems a little long to me even though it is a quicker trip than we normally take to AZ.
I thought it would be a good idea to break the trip up and spend the night in Primm. I made the reservation and immediately my family began to remind me how awful our last stay in Primm was. How disgusting the room was, the sheets, the smell...etc. I assured them that I chose a different casino and all the reviews said it was pleasant and clean. And OFF we went.
Well sure enough...you get what you pay for and since I literally paid $4.67 for the room plus $12.00 resort fee...my expectations were not too high.
The room was clean...er than before, the smell was nice....er than before and the sheet were fine.
Because the rooms were so cheap we opted to get a second room for the girls. This was a brilliant idea. 5 of us showering and getting ready the next morning was a thought that was NOT pleasant.
We checked-in, got our keys, set up in our rooms and all was well...until about 2:14 am.
My phone woke me...yes at 2:14 am.
Savanna was on the other end in tears..."Mom there is a man in our room"!
Me: "What?"
Sav: " There is a man who keeps coming into our room and he is naked".
Me: "What?"
Sav: "There is a door in our room and a man has come into our room though it twice and he is not dressed and we are freaking out"! "Now he is trying to come in through the front door"
Me: "Ok, I'm coming down"
Sure enough the man in the conjoining room next door was a little confused and thought their room (because their door wasn't locked on their side) was part of his room. I think he was ready to take a shower and possibly thought his shower was in his "Master Suite".
Once the girls calmed down and no longer felt their lives were at risk I crawled into bed with Sav and the three of us laughed...then fell asleep.
The next morning we woke early and headed into California.
Our first stop...Cheesecake Factory in Escondido.
Our next stop...to kill time and wait for our AZ family to arrive...was Belmont Park at Mission Beach.
I remember going there a time ot two growing up...I don't remember it being so ghetto!
However it was a perfect filler!
We mini-golfed, rope coursed, lazer mazed, roller coasted and enjoyed the beach a bit.
We even stopped for a few photo op's...at Brent's request...can you believe that?
We finally made our way across the dreaded Coronado Bridge and checked into the El Cordova Hotel.
A very unique, quaint little hotel across from the Hotel Del Coronado.
I really liked it. I loved the cozy feel and the fact that Miguel's was in the center of our courtyard so we could small fresh Mexican food all day long!
Once our AZ family arrived we all went straight to Miguel's for a late dinner.
The next morning I got up early and went for a jog along the boardwalk.
Nothing is better than that!...
Except for maybe a nice shower, putting on a swimsuit and heading straight for the beach.
We laid in the sun, played in the ocean, some of us skimboarded and we ALL enjoyed relaxing with NOTHING to do and NOWHERE to go!
After a relaxing afternoon at the beach we piled in the 18 passenger van and went in to San Diego for dinner at Hodad's. The worlds messiest burgers and VERY tasty onion rings!
A super fun place...Cute atmosphere and good food!
Brynlee enjoyed herself too!
I swear she is the happiest, most well mannered baby.
After dinner we visited the San Diego temple and then went shopping at the mall nearby.
The next morning I went for a long run down the Bay Bike Path. It went on FOREVER! Ocean on either side. Perfection!
Then we all went back to the beach and enjoyed more sun.
That afternoon the kids and I rented Beach Cruisers and rode the city.
The AZ Ellsworth's decided to rent a "Bike Cart". A 6 passenger trolley on 4 small wheels with 4 sets of peddles.
Although they did nothing but laugh the whole time...it looked miserable to me. I rode behind on my nice...easy to pedal bike with a padded seat and watched their little legs spinning as fast as they could as their cart inched its way along the forbidden streets of Coronado. Screams and giggled followed each bump, each turn and with each near miss as cars sped passed.
I mean seriously look at Nance...the poor woman was terrified!
I think they lasted about 30 minutes and took that beast back to the rental shop.
We had really worked up an appetite so we headed over to the Village Pizzeria for dinner.
Garlic knots, wings, salad, pizza, sandwiches and Conner had a few dead flies to top it off.
We aren't sure how many he gulped down before he noticed they were floating around in his Pepsi.
After dinner we walked the Hotel Del Coronado, visited Spreckles the candy store and then made our way to Mootime Ice Cream Parlor.
Uncle Brent did a little brain washing along the way.
Go Tribe!
Brynlee was NOT amused!
I was so sad to leave Sunday morning.
I already miss the ocean, sandy feet and frizzy hair.
I miss our AZ family.
I miss Vacation!
Until next time California...stay COOL!


























2 comments:
We were so happy that we all got to go together! It was a great relaxing time and just what we needed! We are counting down until we get to seeyou guys at Thanksgiving! Love and miss you guys tons!
JoLynn
It was fun to read about your California vacation. Although I kinda freaked out about the naked man in Primm (which I hadn't heard about before)!! Yikes!! I love Coronado (once you get over the bridge) and I loved hearing about all the things you did and saw. I'm sorry about the 6 passenger trolley, which seems like it should have been so much fun and a great way to get around the island. I wish it had been more successful ;-) Also, the FLIES in Conner's Pepsi....ICK!!! But overall, sounds like a memorable trip and everyone looked darling....especially Brynlee!! She gets the cutest baby award!
Post a Comment