We kicked off December 2016 celebrating Gavin's 17th birthday.
We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, went to Black Bear diner for lunch, watched Allie play basketball, watchedc a movie, ate popcorn and had a little dessert. Not too shabby!
Later that week Gavin had his Christmas Recital. He hasn't been practicing like he usually does so i was VERY nervous. However he played beautifully and looked darling...and TALL!
This month both Gavin and Savanna received their patriarchal blessings.
Gavin received his first, on Wednesday the 7th.
I was BLOWN AWAY by the detail, the precision, the promises made to him. Everything i know and LOVE about Gavin was discussed in his blessing. My favorite words were "you will be known as a wise man". That others would come to him often for guidance and direction.
Savanna received hers on Sunday the 11th. I had been extra excited for her because I felt she was super excited.
Her blessing was just as fabulous. It told her she would have multiple proposals, sons and daughters, and that one of her children would require extra attention and help from her.
She is going to bring MANY to the gospel through her faith and strong testimony. This I already knew. She has a unique love for the Gospel, a pure testimony of her beliefs and already has shown so much strength in her convictions. She impresses me regularly.
I loved this time with them. I hope they read them often and allow them to guide them throughout their lives.
I decorated for Christmas...a felt all the JOY of the season.
Wrapped our presents...which made me warm and cheerful on the inside.
Had our annual "Soup Day" with my favorite ladies...
one of my favorite traditions for sure!
So blessed to have friends like these!
Melea made mushrooms...YUM and we ate cupcakes for dessert!
We watched DSU play ball and the McArthurs joined our party!
Christmas Eve was spend at outback Steakhouse and then we rallied over at the Lunds for treats and gift exchange.
Christmas morning Brent and I stayed in bed. It is always such a weird feeling when the kids aren't home for Christmas. A little boring to be honest...however it was nice to lay around with nothing to do.
After we finally got up, showered and got dressed we went to Sacrament meeting.
After church we all met over at Papa and Nana's for Christmas Dinner.
The littles open presents.
Pey got a hoverboard from Santa so we each had to try it out. Those things are dangerous...and SO HARD! I finally got the hang of going in circles but stopping is NOT my strength for sure!
On Tuesday I shuttled up to Fillmore where I met the kids and their dad in their NEW CAR. Then mike shuttled back to SLC and Gavin drove us home!
YEP they got a new car for Christmas. A darling cherry red Sonata. Plenty of room, great gas mileage, paid for...who could ask for anything better.
once we arrived home the kids opened their other gifts...mostly clothes and a few needed items.
It was good to have them home.
The week following Christmas both Brent and I were off. OH HOW LOVELY! I enjoyed every second of that week.
Thursday the girls took me to lunch for an early birthday celebration.
We went to Viva Chicken...my favorite place in town.
Then for my actual birthday...I woke up early, ran and then then the fam took me to Orange Peel for Acai Berry bowls and smoothies.
We enjoyed a relaxing day at home, I shopped with my gift certificate which Brent and the kids got me and then we got drrssed...at 8:00 that night and went over to the Lunds to ring in the new year.
We had such a fun night. We played games, laughed, ate and we ALL made it until midnight...a NEW Year's miracle!
Since New Year's Day fell on a Sunday we had our annual New Year's lunch on Monday the 2nd instead.
We went to Sakura...our traditional spot.
Hibachi Grilled shrimp and steak. YUM
They even brought me some cheesecake with a singing candle to wish a happy birthday!
It was DARLING...for the first 30 seconds and then it wouldn't stop singing...15 minutes later Russ finally pulled the wire and we had silence!
We took a few photos...as always!
To sum up 2016...Brent switched jobs...the BEST decision EVER!
I was promoted, released from Primary and put into YW...still trying to decided if I am happy about that change.
Gavin still isn't driving but went on his first official date. He grew another inch or two.
Savanna went blonde, kissed a few boys, got her permit, is anxious to drive, spent the majority of her time with friends and grew an inch or two!
We have been blessed beyond measure!
Love our life...as long as we are together!
Bring on 2017!!!





















2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful holiday and that it's been a good year! We are looking forward to seeing you guys next wk! Sheesh that is coming really fast! I'm feeling nervous, anxious, a little on overload so I'm looking forward to you coming and helping g to bring your calming influence!
Love and Miss You Guys!
JoLynn
What a year... I love your recap and all of the fun events documented. So glad I was there for some of them.
Post a Comment