this weekend we had the opportunity to go to Arizona to say "Farewell" to our darling Conner. Conner leaves for the Provo MTC tomorrow Wednesday January 18, 2017. He will be in the MTC for 3 weeks before he heads out to Vancouver Canada to serve the Lord for 2 years.
We arrived late Friday night after what seemed to be the LONGEST trip ever!
Saturday morning Brent and I got up early and went for a run. We stopped at Dick's house so Brent and all the men could help finish up the packing, loading and cleaning of Dick's house. I continued running and got out of helping load up by taking a long drive out to tim-buk-tu to some strangers house that my mom discovered online, no doubt, who is delivering some care packages to Garrett in Peru. It seemed a little shady and my husband called a few times to make sure I wasn't killed and left for dead. BUT all was well. It was legit and the family was a cute as could be...even though they don't speak a lick of English.
After my adventure that morning. We all dressed up for a quick family photo shoot. This could have been the last weekend we are all together for MANY years.
After family pictures we went for a dinner celebration to honor Grandma Nancy who is turning 85 this week.
Although the service sucked, we only had one waitress (poor girl) for our party of 20, they stuck us outside on the patio in the cold with fans blowing...because the lights are hooked to the fans and if you want light you have to have fans as well, no chips and salsa, no plates, napkins or any sign of silverware...it turned out to be a pretty nice dinner. Good food, great company and a funny memory.
After dinner we went back to Mortensen's to have dessert and play games.
We played some of the funniest games on our phones/their TV. I tell ya...personalities came out full blown. I learned A LOT about my children that night...especially Gavin.
The next morning we set up for the open house and then got ready for church.
The Sacrament meeting program was one of the best I've been to in a long time. The youth speaker was this darling little girl who gave such an impressive talk. She was so mature, calm, articulate and her message really invited the spirit. Another young woman in their ward is leaving on her mission in a few weeks so she also gave her farewell talk. THEN...this DARLING young man, Parker Duffin, a 10-11 year old in their ward stood to sing. I can't even express the spirit I felt the moment words came out of his mouth. He has a beautiful voice and the cutest face. During the chorus he got a little chocked up and I burst into tears. He did an amazing job and I was so thankful for the spirit he brought to the meeting and to my heart.
Conner spoke last, on the atonement. He did a fabulous job and he too brought the spirit to the meeting.
Conner will be a wonderful missionary. He is so hard working and dedicated. He is a genuine person with a love for others that is beyond measure. The people of Vancouver will be blessed by his testimony and faith.
That night they held an open house for all to say "good-bye".
Lots...I mean LOTS of yummy desserts.
The Elder Ellsworth cookies were so cute....BUT...
They made for messy faces and BLACK teeth.
The boy cousins hid out in the playroom on their phones...
While the girls circled the room sneaking peeks at ALL of Conner's friends.
I mean SERIOUSLY...there are some good looking kids in the Gilbert Ward!
I told Savanna..."if we didn't have enough good reasons to move to AZ some day...here were at least 8 REALLY GOOD "reasons" to move!
This is a picture of Conner and his friends from work.
Hanna...on the right...has become a very good "friend" to Conner. She also recently received her mission call and will be leaving in February.
Yesterday we drove home, back to St. George, feeling a little sad to leave family but also for the void that will be left when Conroy leaves tomorrow.
We are so proud of him, so thankful for his example and we KNOW he will do amazing things the next 2 years.
Not goodbye...but see ya in 2!
Farewell Elder Ellsworth!














2 comments:
I can't thank you enough for all your help this weekend! I couldn't have done it without you! I also apologize for my shortness and the "contention" I brought to our home 😉 We are so happy that you guys were able to be there with us! We sure love you guys!!!
JoLynn
I am reading this right before Dee and I leave to meet Conner in SLC. Now I am all emotional! I am glad you were able to all be together, and I am very glad that you are still alive! You have made a great Peruvian connection. I am wondering how that worked (Nancy?)
That family
photo is gorgeous of every single one of you! I am grateful to have it...because I am copying and saving it right now!
Love to all of you St. George Ellsworths!
Post a Comment