"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Friday, May 26, 2017

MAY...Be a LONG Month


May started out with Supercross Las Vegas. Brent and I were able to travel down to watch the championship race at Sam Boyd Stadium. It was such a fun night. Supercross is so much better in person. Plus Dungey won which made my heart happy... Then he retired which made my heart sad. I guess I will find someone new to cheer for.





Following Tuesday I was able to spend an evening out with the girls. It was much needed and of course just as fun as always. Even though I had to sit by Emilie with her glass of wine that smelled like salad dressing in a fancy cup.

Unfortunately I stayed too long at dinner and missed Gavin's award ceremony. Brent was able to be there in my place. Gavin was awarded two Student of the Year Awards for 2016/2017. I'm so proud of him. He is such an amazing young man.



Savanna turns 16 the week after school ends. So this year I told her she could pick one school dance to attend before her birthday. She was asked to go to senior ball with her best friend Joey.
They started out their date with a boat trip to Sand Hollow reservoir.

Following I spent a lot of money getting her ready for the dance. We had purchased her dress online and it was too big so we had to have it altered. We had a hair appointment that turned out awful so we had to schedule another one to have it fixed. She went from blonde to brown. We had her hair done and again and again and then redone. These dances are going to be the death of me. However she looked beautiful, felt beautiful and had a wonderful time.


I am so happy that Savanna has such a great group of friends. We couldn't ask for a better group.


Sunday was Mother's Day. 
I feel so blessed each and every day that I get to be the mom of Gavin and Savanna. These two children have brought so much joy into my life. They are kind, loving, hard-working, all around good kids and I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for allowing me to spend my life on Earth with them.


Each year Brent takes the kids to the store to buy me cards for Mother's Day. This is one of my very favorite things. They pick out the greatest cards that express their personalities to a T.
They always say the best things in their cards. This year was no different.



And of course I had to take a picture with my newest baby. I can't believe I have turned into one of these people who take photos with their dogs and post them online. But seriously puppies don't come any cuter than this one.


After church we went to the Lunds house for our annual Mother's Day celebration and barbecue.
We took probably at photos and this was the best one we got. Being old really really sucks.



I am so thankful for these three. I could not have asked for a better mom in my life. She just gets it. She always has the best advice and is so supportive of everything that we do. I know I can always count on her to be by my side.
I am also eternally grateful for my two sisters. The three of us are so different in so many ways but I cannot express how grateful I am that we have stayed so close and have become true friends over the years. I am one lucky sister.


Shortly after the St. George marathon the McCook peer pressure set in. Our dear friend Randy McCook asked us if we would sign up for the Ogden Marathon and run again with him. So like idiots we did.
The marathon was this past Saturday May 20th. Due to injuries our training was not great to say the least. We have been dreading this day for quite some time.

After a long drive and a lot of unnecessary traffic we made it to the Expo to pick up our packets. Later we joined Randy and Stan and their families for dinner to carbo-load.



We loaded the buses before 5 a.m. and headed to the start line with the Evans boys.
It was a little chilly at the start so we bundled up and danced a little to keep ourselves warm.





The race began at 7:15 a.m. and we were off for what seemed like the longest 26.2 miles in history.
Keep in mind that both Brent and Randy have been injured since the St. George Marathon and Stan was having some stomach issues along the way. Not to mention my issue that I won't go into any details on but made it difficult to use the bathroom for the following three days.



At the bottom of Ogden Canyon was a beautiful waterfall so we decided to stop for the 127th time to take a picture.



We had all decided that we would stay together no matter what and that we would cross the finish line together. It was a little rough getting all four of us there but we managed to pull it off in the end.


Even though we were grouchy along the way at times we really did have a blast running this race together.
I loved crossing the Finish Line with Brent and being able to celebrate another HUGE accomplishment together.
This HANDSOME Hubby of mine gives me so much strength and is truly my favorite person.


May has been quite a month so far. I'm grateful for all of the things that we've been able to do and all of the people we have been able to spend time with along the way.

I'm excited to see what the next week brings.


1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Your May looks like a very busy one but such a great one! Savanna looked beautiful at her dance. You and Brent simply amaze me with all your marathons. You guys are seriously the perfect match! I am so glad you had a Happy Mother's Day! I sure love you guys!

Love Always,
JoLynn