"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, June 1, 2017

My Girl is 16 and FABULOUS!

My sweet Savanna Layne turned 16 on May 27th.
She has been waiting for this day for literally four years.
She is so excited to drive and to date.





Savanna is such an amazing young woman. She is truly one of my greatest friends. She is smart and witty and full of life. She tells me everything that goes on in her life and I love every detail. She is a wonderful friend and an even better daughter. She stands up for what she believes in and she isn't afraid to shine. I am so blessed to be her mom and I am thankful everyday that she is a part of my life.

Her day started off at midnight with a surprise visit from a group of her friends. They sang and deliver Donuts her very favorite thing.


That morning she woke up to cinnamon roll French Toast Casserole... more singing and a lot of love...and pictures.



Her day was spent with all of her friends.

That night we rented out the city pool and she invited all of her friends and family to come and celebrate with her...along with a few kids she didn't know.
It was tons of fun. There were a lot of teenagers running around, being loud and annoying and enjoying all-you-can eat donuts.







Unfortunately her birthday was on a Saturday and the following Monday was a holiday so the poor girl had to wait until Tuesday to get her driver's license.


Literally 30 seconds after she got her license she jumped in the car with Gavin and they headed north to Salt Lake City for the summer. Well three weeks to be exact. They arrived safely and she even drove through the heavy traffic of Salt Lake with no problem at all.

I was just happy that I did not know she was driving until after she had arrived safely with no problems.


I HATE Summer. At least this year they come home for a few weeks here and there. I just hope and pray the next 9 weeks will fly by.

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

It looks like a great way to celebrate a 16th birthday. Savanna just gets more beautiful all the time. I truly love Savanna and Gavin! They are some of my very favorite people.
I know the summer is so hard and on you and Brent. I hope it goes by fast so you can get those two back home!
We are looking forward to seeing you this next weekend!

Love You!
JoLynn