After dinner we all went back to Brian and JoLynn's, met up with the Morty Fam and played a new game. We stayed up too late and got up WAY TOO early to Black Friday shop.
After shopping JoLynn and I met Dick and Sherri at the movies. Last year JoLynn and I went to see Twilight over Thanksgiving and to follow tradition, this year we saw New Moon. I, not being a reader of the Twilight series, enjoy going with JoLynn because she fills me in along the way. So far I have thoroughly enjoyed the movies and must say that I am a fan of Jacob. Wowza! As far as Bella is concerned...WRONG CHOICE SISTA!
After the movie, Brent, Blake and I ran another 3 plus miles! What a day!
Saturday Brent and I were invited to go to the ASU/U of Gay game in Tempe. For the past, almost, 2 years all I have heard about is "The Celestial Kingdom" (Sun Devil Stadium) and about ASU football. This was my first actual experience. Howard and Tracy were kind enough to share their ALL INCLUSIVE tickets with us. We ate, for free, before the game upstairs with all the big wigs, sat in covered seats...which also provided free food for our pleasure, half time dessert and all you can drink coke. No wonder Brent has such fond feelings for that place...we were like royalty!

Upon our arrival home we found the Ellsworth family, Dick included, engaged in the DUMBEST, brain dead activity. Blake had returned home from an Eagle Scout Project with a rope made of yarn and material. I am not sure who came up with this game "Shot for Shot" but my guess would be Blake. They took turns, for HOURS, whipping the crap out of each others backs and laughing so hard tears were falling...or at least laughing to cover the tears of immense pain.

That night after everyone's backs had time to heal the whole family went to see "The Blind Side"! Such a good, uplifting, moral movie. I HIGHLY recommend it!
Sunday Brent and I went to Tyler Sherwood's mission farewell. He was called to Texas, Spanish speaking and leaves right before Christmas.
After the farewell Brent and I found a nearby parking lot, changed into comfy clothes and drove to get our kiddies who we missed so much. Thanksgiving just isn't the same without 2 of the things you are most thankful for!
It was a great weekend. Thanks to all the family who made it so fun. We miss you all already!

4 comments:
It was fun to read about the "rest" of your weekend. You really packed a lot of activities into just a few days...sounds like so much fun. So sorry about the ASU game and I'm especially sad about #6...poor guy! I'm glad you liked The Blindside, I thought it was a great movie too. We loved having Thanksgiving with Brent's family, we love them and both of you. I'm glad we're all back home safe and sound...there's something wonderful about that too. Happy Holidays!
P.S. I LOVE the new background, wish I had seen it first!
Sounds like a very fun time. And I love the jeans you are wearing in the Sun Devils picture. Cute bum.
I have know idea how I missed this post. Anyway, we sure enjoyed having you with us for Thanksgiving and the weekend. As I read all that we did, we really did pack a lot into the weekend. That must be why I was so tired. I especially loved all the movies we got to see. They were both great! Thanks also again for bringing Nancy and Jim too. That was so much fun!
Love and Miss You All!
JoLynn
Post a Comment