Gavin had several parts...one of which allowed him to propose to the "love of his life" (Kortney)on stage in front of an audience.
The kids had a wonderful time and have learned a lot this year...Gavin fills us in on all the Gods and Olympus...whenever possible.

Somehow Kori got nominated room mom for this event. She was in charge of assigning refreshment duties to all us parents and organizing the feeding frenzy.
About ten minutes before the play was over she and I went into the back to make the sherbet punch. Along came a mom and her daughter...now I try not to be a harsh judgmental person most of the time...but this woman was as white trash as they come. She was chubby, in skin tight clothes, nasty ratty hair and reeked of cigarette smoke. She made her way to the refreshment table and started opening all the containers and loading both her and her daughter up for the winter. First the fish crackers, which she spilled all over the floor, then 3 different kinds of cookies. As she opened her fourth package, I looked over and said "Are you kidding me"? Her daughter, who now was thirsty after consuming a large amount of food in a matter of seconds came over to the table where Kori and I were filling up paper cups. The mom walked over and said to Kori
Fat Beast: "They told us we could come get some dessert because we are leaving early"
Kori: "OK"
Fat Beast: "Well she apparently has a problem or something (pointing to me)"
Dehydrated Daughter: "I want a drink"
Me: "You can have one of these"
Dehydrated Daughter: "I don't want that...I want a cup of that ice cream"
Me: "You can't have that because the ice cream is going in the punch"
Fat Beast: "JUST DON'T HAVE ANYTHING THEN"
she grabs her daughter by the arm and pulls her out of the gym...looks back at me and says...
Fat inappropriate Beast: "BIT**"
Me: "hehehehehe"
Then she literally stared me down her entire exit.
If I were white trash as well...there would have been a beat down..."Sweetheart, I grew up in freakin' Compton...I used to be Mexican...white fat girls who think they are tough don't scare me".
Oh the joy of elementary school activities involving free food!

4 comments:
I love that she proceeded to tell on us to the teachers!! I was just about to ask her if she was one of the four moms that volunteered to bring treats. Seriously, four moms out of two classes... and she is downing the cookies like there is a food shortage.
It has come to my attention lately that there are people who get to know us by reading our blogs...heaven forbid! I would hate for anyone to think that you are a parking lot rumbler or foul-mouthed mother because you are sooooo not!! But cute post anyway and I guess those who read these will just have to decide for themselves, I'm glad, however, that I DO know the REAL you! Gavin and Grant were so darling and it showed that they had worked so hard on their parts (and everyone else's). Thanks to you and Kori for all the help with the refreshments and for providing us with a little excitement during the evening. We couldn't be more proud of our beautiful daughters and their divine children.
Well I personally laughed my behind off at this post. I could see the whole thing playing out. But honestly, I would have paid good money just to see this whole thing in action. There has always got to be a few in the crowd like this lady. What can you say but WOW. Seriously, that is something else!
I am so proud of Gavin and his hard work on his play. I'm sure he did fantastic!
Love You All!
JoLynn
LOL! This is just too great. I wish I could have been there with my video camera!
Post a Comment