Today I decided to make this Sunday Six a FAMILY affair...this is what made us smile this week:
1. UNO - When one of us is on restriction...all of us are on restriction. So therefore we played A LOT of games this weekend. Uno, Sorry, Pass the Pigs (which Brent has NEVER won), Clue and Apples to Apples were among the plethora of games.
2. Mom verses Son Basketball - Gavin needed to get out of the house for a bit so he and I went to the park and played some one-on-one. Being seen at the park with your mom is punishment enough!
3. Grant's Birthday - Yesterday was Grant's 10th birthday...double digits! We were able to spend the evening at the ball park with the entire family, plus the Homer's, for some baseball and fun!
4. Exercise - This week the kids weighed themselves. Gavin...10 years old, 5 feet 2.5 inches, weighed in at 102.2. Savanna...almost 9 years old, at 4 feet 8 inches, weighed in at 72.6. Gavin decided that he only wanted to weigh 100 lbs so he has been exercising ever since. Brent and I are thankful for our gym membership, with all the old people in town, which is keeping us in shape. We each have set goals to get back to how we looked when we met. Just a few pounds each will do it! :)
5. The Scriptures - This week for FHE we each shared our favorite scripture and then explained why it is our favorite. I am thankful for kids who love to read the scriptures each night before bed and who NEVER let us forget.
6. (by Brent) I told Kam I would take the last one so here I go with a lot into one. My new job at Alsco has been fun, challenging, nerve wracking, and way different than anything I have ever done! I am a big fan of everybody I work with. It's a good company with many people wanting me to succeed and willing to help out as much as they can. It's fun to have Russ there. It's always fun to work with somebody you know. He has been helpful to me in many ways and is willing to help at a moments notice. I am hopeful that I will do good at this job, though I feel it may take a while. I enjoy talking to the people just wish I had a better idea of what I'm talking about. I'm the guy right now who has no fear walking in any door to talk about who I am and tell you what our company has to offer or try to get you to buy more from us, but please don't ask a lot of questions because chances are you may not get anything but a smile back and a "let me check on that for you"! I don't think many people before me have been successful at this position so in a way I wonder, but I am very grateful to be working and will apply myself in every way possible to be the one who does succeed.
This last week I have decided to be more direct in my prayers. Not be afraid to ask for specific things. This is a bit of a challenge for me because I just fall short in so many ways, so asking for anything more than what I do, I feel isn't right. Nonetheless I have been praying more and asking for more. I make it a point to pray before I go out and see people for the day. It may seem like a funny thing to do but I feel at ease when I do. I am grateful for the knowledge I have of a Father in Heaven who is always waiting to listen and help when called upon.
I love my wife and my family! What a blessing they are and will continue to be in my life. They make me want to be better. Kami is wonderful to me and she shows it in her actions everyday! The scriptures speak of miracles and I know without a doubt that a miracle took place in my life the very day I met Kami and a, short, few weeks later a loving Father answered a humble prayer and let me know that she was the ONE!
Thanks to all of you who love us and are a part of our lives. Thanks for prayers that are said on our behalf and know we love you as well.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Great Sunday Six! I like that you all contributed to it this week! We haven't been doing so hot with our Sunday Six. So we need to get back on track!
I am so glad that you are able to all be together and that Brent isn't working out of town. I am glad that you are all getting to spend time with one another. I am so glad that Brent is able to have a job working with good people and that and that things are going well for him even if it is a bit out of his comfort zone. I have faith that things will get better and easier.
I too am so thankful for prayer. I know without doubt that my prayers are answered and what a blessing it is!
Please know that we love and miss you all so much!
Take Care,
JoLynn
Brent, you are a great example to your old aunt! Prayer is so amazing isn't it? He is always there if we put in the effort. I am so proud of you and happy that you are enjoying your new job!
Kami, you are an amazing mother! I think your son's restriction works in a few ways. First, Gavin understands you are serious, second he is discovering there are more ways to be entertained than electronically, & third, you are all getting to spend fun time together! (Oh, and not everyone has a mother as cute as you are so he should be amazingly proud of being seen with you!)
I enjoyed your "Family Affair" Sunday Six. It sounds like you were able to keep everyone busy this weekend with games, exercise and some outdoor activities. I hope it pays off. I'm also so happy that Brent is liking his new job. I think he will be a natural...cute, charming, personality plus...all the things necessary to succeed. Pretty soon he will know what he's talking about and then there will be no stopping him. I hope you all have a happy week. We're looking forward to seeing everyone at FHE tonight.
LOVE the new background. I was looking for something like this. These backgrounds stress me out. I am always looking for just the right background and I never find it until I see it on someone elses blog.
Love and Miss You All!
JoLynn
I loved the Brent part of the post. I am so relieved as I think of you often. I have offered up several prayers in your behalf in regards to your new job. I want it to serve you well. It sounds like your attitude will help tremendously. I am so glad that you wrote about it. The other stuff is wonderful too. But this news made me so happy.
Post a Comment