"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, May 24, 2010

Long time no Post!

I know it has been a long time since I have blogged...just know my life has been crazy with work and I just today hada break...so I will fill you in on a few happenings!...


First, my sweetest friend Debra...after many years of trying to have another baby is finally pregnant...with twin girls. I was honored to attend their "Double Bubble" baby shower a couple weeks ago...hosted by Debra's, absolutely GORGEOUS daughter Jostlyn.

Kendra and I enjoying our chocolate cupcakes...yes we checked our teeth thoroughly before smiling!

Last Saturday mom and I went to Gavin's Spring Piano Recital. I am always so impressed by him. He is truly a talented little man. (keep watching for our BIG announcement regarding this amazing kid of ours)

Then came the stress....each spring St George City hosts the Junior College National Championship Softball tournament. it is quite the event and takes up a lot of our time. This year I was the special event coordinator for the tournament...which means I put on an opening social/Luau for all 450 girls and conducted the Opening Ceremonies. It has consumed my every thought, action, attempt at sleep...it was ALL encompassing! I am exhausted!



Once my events were taken care of I was able to enjoy the tournament. I got some sun, watched some softball, cheered on Yavapai and got paid to sit next to Brent on the lawn and drink ice cold Pepsi! Man I love my job...even when I hate it!

This week is another busy week...but not at work. Savanna turns 9, Kaci turns...well older, the kiddies leave to go to SLC for for a couple weeks for their Summer vacation and Brent and I will enjoy a holiday weekend together...somewhere!

I promise to keep you better updated on the lives of us Elsworths...until then...HAPPY MONDAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear from you again, although I really do KNOW you have been very busy. I'm happy the tournament is over and that it turned out well. Gavin did a great job at his recital, as always, he's a very talented boy. I'm so happy for Debra, two babies at once, she'll have so much fun.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

It is so good to hear from you again! I knew you've been busy. I don't know how on earth you do it. Even when I plan parties, relief soc. dinners, y.w. events, etc. they might turn out in the end but leading up to them is pure torture for me, for my kids, and ESPECIALLY for Brian. Let's just say if I've got something big I'm in charge of EVERYONE around here tries their hardest to not be around me much. SO my hats off to you! You are one amazing lady!

I'm so proud of Gavin and him playing so well. He is such a great boy!

I sent sweet Savanna's birthday card today in the mail. I'm hoping it will be there by Wednesday or at least hopefully by Thursday:) We sure miss you all!!!

Take Care-Love You!
JoLynn