"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, June 13, 2010

2 Years and Counting


2 years ago tomorrow I was sealed to my best friend Kami. Some may wonder how we are doing, after all it did happen rather QUICKLY! I can only speak for myself but I'm sure my better half would agree when I say we are awesome! We make a good us! We both came from marriages that we thought were gonna last forever. We both left marriages with broken hearts and a lot of pain. One of us was single a lot longer than the other. One of us was busy kissing any and ALL dates while the other was looking for hook ups online to hide the nerves of a face to face meeting. One was rooting for the Sun Devils and one was cheering for the Y. One was raising kids, while one was wondering if that day would ever come. We were both different a few years back, now we are one on a lot of things! We no longer walk around carrying pain. These days we are busy kissing on each other and only each other! We are united on the sporting front and root for the others' teams, OUR teams. Perhaps the best part of us are the 2 kids we call our own. We love and raise them together! We are all different yet unique. I could take up this entire post and write only about Kami but to celebrate "us" in any capacity is to celebrate all of us. We came together quickly and blended beautifully. Little to no adjustments at all! We are proof that life is one big plan, and somewhere in this plan we all fit in together. It may have taken 32 years and broken hearts along the way, but through it all we found each other. I love you Kami. Thanks for sharing your life with me and giving mine meaning again! 2 Years and Counting!

8 comments:

Marianne said...

Happy, Happy 2nd!! I was just thinking about you two the other day and wondered, "Has it been 2 or is it 3 years?" It feels like you have always been together! I am so happy for you both there are no words. Keep on being "us" and enjoying your life together. You are a great team!

I love you all!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

What a very sweet post! Happy Anniversary! I agree with Aunt Marianne it seems like you guys have been together forever. I am so happy that you two found each other. We love you all so much! Have a very Happy Anniversary!

Love You,
JoLynn

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Congratulations, you guys! I'm so happy for you both.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, Brent. I'm so happy that you and Kami found each other and that your lives have blended so well together...one might think it was meant to be. Hmmmm... I honestly can't picture either of you with anyone else, it just wouldn't be right. Here's wishing you a zillion more happy anniversaries.

The fly-fisherman said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. That was a tender post. It is hard to think back and remember Kami's life without you. We are so happy you have each other.

Kaci said...

" God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you" isn't that the truth? Happy day to you both. Love you

Anonymous said...

I love this new background, so bold and masculine. Happy Father's Day Brent, you really are an amazing dad. There are very few men who could walk into an already existing family and not ruffle a bunch of feathers but YOU did it with ease and grace. I do believe, however, that you have had some Heavenly help and I am so thankful for that and for You. I hope you know how much you are loved by ALL of us in this Little Family.

Chaffee Family said...

Me (Dane), Lee, and Dad gathered around the TV until just past 11:00 pm on Sunday night to watch the Devils advance to the CWS. We remembered that you have been in the past and it quickly turned into Brent Ellsworth story hour. Its amazing how many different stories we got on you. You are truly part of Chaffee lore. We laughed a lot and cried a little so I had to jump on and see how you are doing. Wow 2 years, congratulations! It is wonderful to see how truly happy you are. Look us up next time you are in the AZ, we would love to do dinner and meet your wife

Go Devils!

Dane
dane.chaffee@ctcocpa.com