"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sunset 2010-2011

WOW! Summer went by so quickly!
I can't believe the kids are sitting in their classrooms, starting a new year...as I type!
Last night was back to school night. Brent and I were able to go and spend some time with Gavin and Savanna's teachers.
This year they both have male teachers. Savanna has Mr. Griffiths and Gavin has Mr Prince...a real live Cowboy...just like his new favorite Great Grandpa Jerry. We are very excited about this year and think this will be a wonderful experience for both of them.
This morning we met up with the Hyde's and Nana at the school and walked each child to their new classroom. Gavin and Grant are once again in the same class...which I could not be more thrilled about. Savanna is once again with Ashlin...which I COULD be more thrilled about! But I shall bite my tongue!
This summer we waited long and patiently for Gavin's shirt to be introduced to the students at Sunset...and here it is...FINALLY!

We are so proud of him...what a good looking design. He wore his shirt today to show off a bit...and I wore mine...to BRAG!

Here is to another school year!
WELCOME BACK!!!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a cool shirt and an honor to have it made!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I love the T-Shirt! I think I need one to be a PROUD Aunt! That is so awesome!

I'm glad that your kids had a great start to the beginning of a new school year!

Sure do miss you guys!

JoLynn

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Gavin- you are such a great artist. We are excited to get our Sunset t-shirts this year. How cool is that to have your design being worn by everybody in your school. So awesome. We are glad you and Grant get to be in the same class again. It is going to be a great year!

Kaci said...

What the heck???? HE DREW THAT??? I was expecting a cute little design with some colors and some kid writing. NOT THAT!!! That is the greatest shirt design I have ever seen. I promise. No wonder that shirt won. I hope you ordered one for me. I will wear it everywhere I go. Make sure you get me an XL or a 2 or 3X though and have him sign it.

Anonymous said...

What a fun morning it was getting the kids back to school. They all looked so cute and ready for a new year. I LOVE Gavin's shirt, I knew it would be wonderful because he's a very talented boy. I'm glad I have one to wear so I can do a little bragging too. Good Luck to all the kids on another great school year.

Anonymous said...

P.S. When I was leaving school this morning, one of the PTA moms said to me, "would you like to buy one of the new Sunset t-shirts? One of the really talented students here drew the design and it's the best shirt we've ever had." I showed her that I already had one tucked under my arm and then I got to tell her that it was MY grandson who had drawn the design. Thanks for that fun moment, Gav.

Steph said...

That is AWESOME that he designed the shirt!!!! :)

Marianne said...

Congratulations to Gavin the artist! That is really a great design!

Summer has gone too quickly this year. I feel like I haven't even enjoyed it yet :( I had better get busy!

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Brian and I were at Harmon's Friday night getting some vittles for our boating trip the next day and saw two boys strutting their stuff around the store wearing their Sunset Stallions T-shirts. They were just as proud as peacocks. :)