"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Romantic Dinner for 2

Most of you who read my blog know that Brent and I are celebrating our 4th Anniversary this week on Thursday June 14th.
However on Thursday we will have the AZ Ellsworth's visiting again, the kids come home and the Lund's will also be down celebrating their 4th anniversary so Brent decided he wanted to take me out and celebrate early.
So last night after his long day at work Brent came home got ready and drove me back up to Cedar City for dinner at the Depot Grill...a very quaint little restaurant on the Historic Main street in Cedar overlooking the city park. We walked into the vacant restaurant and were greeted by the entire staff all wishing us Happy Anniversary. The Host lead us to a small secluded table in the far corner of the room, decorated just for us with a beautiful bouquet of  Gerbera Daisy's (my favorite flower)...which my darling husband had pre-ordered and had delivered especially for me.



The Chef "Bud" came out and listed all the specials he had planned for us and talked us through the menu items.
I went with the Top Sirloin with sauteed mushrooms and onions which came with peppered veggies and sweet potato fries.

Brent had the filet mignon with caramelized jumbo shrimp wrapped in bacon with a side of whipped potatoes and veggies. 

To top it off Bud brought out this shortcake delight with a lemon curd and several kinds of fresh berries.
it was a TOWER of deliciousness...until I tipped it over right before the photo.

It was the most delectable gourmet dinner I have ever eaten.

It was such a perfect night. An anniversary I will always remember.
I am such a lucky girl to be loved by such a charming, endearing guy who makes me feel completely adored. 
It feels like I have loved him and been loved by him all my life. I can't wait to spend every day forever with him!
Thanks Babe...Happy Anniversary to YOU...the one I love with all my heart, more and more each day!

4 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Well, you are a lucky girl, but he is a VERY lucky guy. Happy anniversary to you both! We'll have to check that restaurant out. It looks stellar!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's your FOURTH anniversary! Happy Anniversary to you both! It sounds like it was a lovely evening to celebrate such a happy event. Brent did a wonderful job with his attention to all the details...how fun!! I hope you continue to have an exciting anniversary week. I love you both!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are darling. I'm glad you got to enjoy a romantic evening before your bombarded again! Can't wait to see you again!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Happy anniversary to the both of you! What a sweet husband you have. He did such a good job and I am salivating just looking at those pictures.