"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, July 7, 2012

ROCK of GAY-ges

Today is my sweet friend Melea's birthday and to celebrate she wanted to eat and see the movie "Rock of Ages"...there has never been a BETTER reason to break out the vintage 1982 REO Speed Wagon T-shirt that I cherish!

All I can say is that the FOOD was well worth the money...the movie on the other hand was HILARIOUS...and NOT in a good way. We laughed til we cried and then shed real tears over the fact that  ALL of our beloved 80's songs will be FOREVER ruined!
BUT I now plan on bursting out in cover songs EVERY chance I get!
Thanks girls for a FUNNY and totally GAY day! Love you

3 comments:

Kaci said...

I KNEW that movie would suck. It was kindof like when Hollywood hired 12 of the most tone deaf actors that they could find to completely ruin every ABBA song that I have cherished all my life. Just because someone can sort of act doesn't mean that they should sing and they certainly shouldn't dance. Sometimes I wonder what hell is like and I think it just might be... Mama Mia for eternity. Followed by Dream Girls and now this HOT MESS. Glad you had fun, but you should have gone to see Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum dancing naked... now that's a girls date for sure...Yummm....

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

These kind of times are the BEST! I heard that that that movie wasn't all that good. But I'm so glad that you got a good laugh from it and got to enjoy good food, lots of laughs with friends, and that you had a great excuse to wear your REO Speed Wagon t-shirt.

Sure love and miss you all!

Marianne said...

I have heard terrible things about the movie too. How could an actor with any self respect be part of something like that? Sorry you had to endure Tom Cruise's singing! But the REO shirt? So cool!