"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Friday, August 17, 2012

H to the 2nd Power!

On December 31, 1985 I turned 10 years old and my Grandma Netty-Lou or "Mimi" as we called her married Harris Hammersmith. 
Harris was an interesting man to say the least. I could go ON and ON with embarrassing stories and unbelievable adventures we have had in our lives due to the fact that Harris became our "grandpa". Lets just say that us girls were not allowed to introduce any "boyfriends" to Harris unless we were FOR-SURE that they already loved us...because he could have been a deal breaker.
We loved Harris for many reasons BUT the main reason we loved him was because Grandma-Lou loved him and we put up with all the flem, farts, random public peeing, swearing, etc because he made her happy...and he gave us plenty of reasons to laugh.

Harris Hammersmith (H squared...or so his embroidered polo's use to claim) died this last week just 5 years, almost to the day, after Grandma Lou passed away.
Today we were able to honor him.


 Unfortunately a couple of the husbands could not miss work to be there.

It was a nice service. 
You can definitely tell a lot about a person by the people who attend and speak at their funeral. 
The words shit, ass, balls and bastard were only a few of the heartfelt words spoken today!
Oh Harris...you will be missed.
You were VERY "Flem"-boyant!!

4 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Dude! Why didn't you invite ME to that funeral?? I could have used a good laugh!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Well I have to say that I would have liked to have met Harris. I've heard so much about this flem of man:) It sounds like there was never a dull moment when he was around. I'm personally very thankful that your grandma married Harris, then the Ellsworths weren't too big of a shock to you. Seriously, every time Blake talks about bringing a girl around all the family he says, "Yea, I think she likes me enough to introduce her to everyone." So thank goodness for Harris or Brent's family may have been a deal breaker for you.

We sure love and miss you guys! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys!

Kaci said...

Har..... Har........Har...... Cough, cough, spit, fart, damn!!!
Sometimes there's just nothing better than peeing on your step daughters front lawn on Thanksgiving Day as the neighbors drive by!!

If only the English language had the words adequate enough to express the life and persona of this man... But sadly it does not.

Here is how I will sum it all up, if I may...

Please... If I can have one blessing in my life... Let it please be that my legacy NOT be my lack of control of all of every single one of my bodily functions. Or even worse... That I did have control, but just didn't give a damn!!

Ughhhhhh... Unfortunately at the rate I'm going and the pace at which I am falling apart... I'm terrified that it just might be!! And there will be nothing I can do about it!!

Holly said...

Sounds like your gpa & I could've been BFF's:)