...BUT HE WAS A STAR FOR ONE WHOLE MINUTE"!!
(yes this is a Newsies song...one of the all time BEST movies)
This morning we woke up to Gavin's face (roll over for link) ONE THE FRONT PAGE of the newspaper!
That is right..."He's the KING of St George"
Bringing home two trophies from the competition...one for 5th Place Over-All Individual and the other for 1st Place of the Math Countdown Round, where the top 10 competed one on one for speed and accuracy. We are so proud of Gavin and all his hard work...truth is he doesn't even try. He is just a brilliant kid.
Too bad mom didn't get his hair cut for the big event. :)


6 comments:
That is freaking AWESOME!!! But not surprising, either. I have always found math to be profanity-promoting and once I graduated college, I washed my hands of it. You must be a very proud mommy. Congratulations!!!
WAY TO GO GAVIN! I'm such a proud aunt right now. I sure wish I shared in some of his smarts but sadly I do not. Fortunately though I have Gavin to help me when I need him! So proud of this boy! And he is handsome even without a haircut!
Good job Gavin! What Kami failed to mention is that he also won all of the district level competitions prior to this regional event! He truly is amazing! Good luck at state buddy!
Totally off topic.... But I LOVE newsies.
Now on topic... I am at a loss for words over how anyone could ever be so good at math that you would win a competition. I can hardly add. My 5th grader asks me for help with her homework and I just can't do it!!! The simplest of problems and I shut down. So I have tremendous respect and admiration for people who can do math. I know it takes a special mind... A very smart mind. Congratulations Gav... We are very proud
What can I say that hasn't already been said? I ditto all of the above comments but I want to add my LOVE and admiration for this very special boy! He truly is brilliant and is going to be a magnificent adult. We are so proud of his academic accomplishments and we look forward to many, many more proud days.
Way to go Gavin! WOW!!!
Post a Comment