"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Art festival 2013

The St George Art festival is always held Easter Weekend in Town Square. It is such a fun event and USUALLY is accompanied by gorgeous weather. This year was almost perfect. However...
...EVERY year I am in charge of "artist hospitality"...probably my LEAST favorite job all year!
I am stuck inside "the cave" as I call it, preparing food, making coffee, getting paper cuts and shooing away begging kids...who do not belong to me. It is not ideal to say the least. 
This year the kids had Easter Recess and were out of school Friday so they came along with Papa and Nana  to help me prepare snack packs. Child labor is the BEST!
This allowed me to get to leave the cave for an hour to meet up with the Lunds for "lunch"...or as my kids preferred...Nutella/strawberry Crepes and Frozen Cheesecake on a stick. I think I was just awarded mother of the year!
 Today, Saturday, Brent and Savanna came to help. Gavin was on a camp out with the scouts...having much more fun than the three of us!
After the snack packs were made we went to breakfast at Black Bear and then came back and walked the Festival and enjoyed the weather. 
Another year down. Once again I survived the cave, thanks to all my family who came to help!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Gorgeous weekend! I'm glad you got out of the cave a few times! I have been there and seen your production line. You are amazing, my dear!

Anonymous said...

Another fun Art Festival. I wish we could have stayed longer and actually seen more of the Art. Just too many things going on this weekend. I'm glad you had a successful event. It sure was a beautiful day! I love St. George.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

One of these years I'm going to come up there for this Art Festival. It always sounds like a fun thing. The only problem is-you always are working way to hard at it! I hope you guys had a Happy Easter! Sure love and miss you!

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

The Cave. Bwahahaha!!! :~D I have yet to try the Black Bear diner. Is it good for other meals, or just breakfast?