"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Friday, March 22, 2013

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity...

...LETS GO RACIN' GIRLS!!

Today was the big Race Day up at the Red Rock Race Way (aka the old airport). 
The teams arrived bright and early, checked our cars in, practiced pit stops and pumped ourselves up with loud music and a little dancing. We are the Pink Ladies...we are allowed to dance if we want to!
Around 10:00 the race began...and we raced until 3:00. WOW that is a lot of driving and my body is paying the price. My thighs burn, my back aches and I am covered in bruises.
I guess it pays to be competitive!

 Although we didn't qualify for the finals we did come in 16th...which we thought was pretty good considering in the final heat our mechanic realized our brake had been stuck the entire race...no wonder we felt like we were going extra slow today!
I think this number 72 should feel lucky that I didn't go all Kyle Busch on her A** after the race...boy I was one "cut off" away from taking her out. BUT I couldn't wreck that pretty paint job...right??

 Our team had the BEST set of fans cheering us on.
A large group from the Special Needs Mutual came to watch the race today. They were loving the Pink Ladies and clapped and yelled the loudest. 
It is all about the fans!!
Thanks also to Mom and Dad for coming to cheer me on (and take photos). They are always our biggest supporters!

Tonight I think I will take a hot shower, rub myself down with wintercrest and hit the sack by 7.
I am TOO OLD for this type of behavior!

4 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

You did awesome! I wish I could have been there to cheer you, no actually I wish I could have been there to race with you. That seriously looks like a blast!

Anonymous said...

It was a fun race. You were an awesome driver...you actually looked like you knew what you were doing and, of course, I loved the outfits!

Marianne said...

I would love to see this in person! How fun you are and I imagine you are quite the aggressive driver! I think #72 us a lucky girl that you held yourself together!
Chang-chang! Changity chang sha-bop!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Oh so fun!!! I love the whole pink ladies theme. So cute. You really do have a GREAT "job"!