"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Flying Solo...

Gavin came to us Tuesday night and told us he was performing in his music class on Thursday.  He informed us that he was playing the piano AND singing...yes at the same time. He asked if I could be there to see him.   
OF COURSE I would be there...I wouldn't miss it...even though my hands began to sweat and my knees started to ache.

For those of you who don't know me well I do not handle things like this very well. I get VERY nervous. I can't even watch reality TV shows where people perform. It breaks my heart when they think they are so good and they in fact are the complete opposite. I am not sure where their family and friends were beforehand encouraging them not to try out...saving them the embarrassment. 

However I am NOT sure why I still get nervous when my children tell me they have solo parts or that they are singing in front of their entire class. Each time they do nothing shy of amaze me with the talent they have been blessed with.
This time was NO different and actually even better than expected.

Gavin not only played 1-2-3-4 by the Plain white T's...he rocked it...improvising and improving! On top of that sang while doing so. A song that he had only heard on the radio...no music, no words...just Gavin being Gavin...Completely AMAZING!

I walked away ONE PROUD Mom...and a little disappointed in myself that I doubted...but more disappointed in myself that I have not done ALL that I can to help my child have every tool he needs to improve his talent and share it often!

Good Job Gav...There's only one thing two do three words four you...
I LOVE YOU!


2 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow! Maybe someday I will get to see him perform. I think that would be awesome!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm sad that I didn't get to hear and see him but I am quite positive that he was nothing shy of absolutely amazing. He is one extremely talented young man. Maybe the next time I see him I can get him to play and sing for me. I always love when he plays the piano for me. It truly brings a smile to my face!