"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Are Friends the CURE??

This last week I found myself near an emotional break down. I wanted to cry and cry HARD. I was irritated with everyone at work, I felt overwhelmed by life and was struggling to have a good attitude. I always feel bad unloading on Brent because I think he feels some responsibility even though HE is the main reasons I feel happy each day. So I tend to hold it in and just feel SWAMPED until I break.
THEN Wednesday came along and I had plans with my dear friend Debra for lunch. I haven't seen her for A VERY LONG time..TOO long for sure. I tell you it was like therapy. She sat across from me at Paradise Bakery and bore her soul...and I did the same...and we ate cookies! We laughed and shared heart breaking news and disclosed our selfish wants and desires. 
Man it felt good!! (sorry no pictures...especially because she looked SO CUTE)

Then I was invited to dinner by one of my best friends Dawn. Last night we went for Thai and once again just visited about "life" and all that it encompasses.
I left feeling refreshed and FREE.

Maybe it is getting dressed up, going somewhere fun, people watching and just knowing you are loved??
Whatever it is...I LIKE IT!!

Tonight I just got asked to go out with my BEST friend in the world.
Date night with Brent is my very FAVORITE thing. 
Can't wait to sit across from him and just look at him.
This week I feel blessed for ALL my friends...family included!

4 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I am sorry you had a rough week, it must have been in the air or something because a few of us at our house had a rough week also. I'm so glad that you have such great friends to share your burdens with. I'm especially glad that you have Brent to have as your best friend! I sure love and miss you guys!

Love You!
JoLynn

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

I am sorry you are having a hard time right now! You do have the lottery results to look forward to :) I am glad you found some relief with your friends and family. Hopefully, things will get better and you can have a better outlook. Hope you have a better week.

Kaci said...

I am so glad that you have good friends. I WISH with all my heart, you would come over and hang out with me. We could sit in the backyard and get interrupted every 10 seconds. Life is hard sometimes, huh? I was driving to work the other day and I saw a little grey haired couple walking hand in hand and I said out loud... I want to be retired with Raleigh, I would be very happy. And then I had the thought, probably not... we will be all achy and cranky and I bet one million dollars we would be wishing for our youthful days. Sigh... hang in there. I'm glad you got some "therapy"

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

You can dump on me, ANYTIME, girl. You're one of my favorite peeps and I will be your sounding board whenever. :)