Today was Mother's Day, however our celebration started last night at Black Bear Diner. Brent and the kids took me to my favorite place for dinner...well breakfast for dinner actually. It was the perfect way to say Happy Mother's Day. Until we got home and I received a call from the second counselor in our Bishopric requesting a meeting for early this morning (hummmm...those are seldom good).
But the love didn't stop there. I woke up to lots of hugs and kisses from the gorgeous guy who sleeps in my bed. Then even more hugs and kisses from Gav and Sav...PLUS cards, a new cup (to replace the one I have held in my hand every minute of every day for the last two years...which recently cracked) and a gift certificate so I can SHOP! Also I had myself a little breakfast...Granola in Greek Yogurt, fresh strawberries and chocolate soy milk. More perfection!
We got ready for church and headed over early so I could have my "meeting".
At which I was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency.
For those of you who do not know me...apparently the members of our ward as well...I have made it known that I do not enjoy other peoples children and primary has NEVER been on my list of callings I would enjoy. I haven't actually been in primary since I was 11 and IN primary...so needless to say this will be somewhat of a challenge for me. But I happily accepted and with unsettled nerves took my place in the front of the primary room with wide eyes and complete amusement.
You see I am a Young Women kinda gal. I have served in three different presidencies, been an adviser, camp leader, sports coordinator... you name it, I have done it...in YW that is!
Primary.....we shall see!
After church my hot hubby made us all dinner and the kids made me an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie in the shape of a heart. It was a perfect heart prior to entering the oven...despite its baked shape it tasted SO good and more important it was made with LOVE!
Tonight we met at the Lunds for a Mothers Day Dessert Party (yep MORE treats)
I am the luckiest mom in the world. I have been blessed with two of the most amazing kids.
I feel overwhelmed with gratitude each day that a loving Father in Heaven loved me enough to trust me with two of his precious children to raise here on earth. I am humbled by the love they show me. They are obedient, talented, smart, funny and they bring so much joy into our home and into my life.
I just had to add this picture of Savanna because I think she looks beautiful. I can't believe how grown up my babies are!
NOW...let me express my love for this lady...
I can honestly say that I have the BEST mom on earth.
She is my dearest friend. I love her with all my heart.
She had always been such an example to me. She is the one person I can tell anything and everything to and I know she will be completely honest with me...even if it is not what I want to hear! She has been by my side through every trial and held my hand through all the pain. She has been beside me through every miracle, every happy moment. She has shared my triumph and helped me succeed. She is a strength in my life...more than she will ever know. It is because of her that I am who I am today.
Thank you mom for loving me! Thank you for taking such good care of me...even today!
I love you!
AND a Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in my life who teach me what motherhood is really all about by your example, by your unconditional love, by your friendship!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!








3 comments:
This is a lovely post! You are very blessed AND you deserve it!
As for that new calling..
you and I ate just opposites of eachother. I think I might die of fright if I were ever called to serve IN YW! You will be amazed at the spirit you feel from those little ones. I look forward to hearing all about your adventures!
You are an amazing mother with an amazing mother and amazing kids! You are one very blessed lady. It looks like you had great day, minus your new calling. Which I think when you get in there you will actually love it! I love my little 4 year old class so much! They make me laugh so hard and they say the most sweet things and help me to feel the spirit so strong. I bet you end up really loving it.
We are getting so excited to see you guys!
Love You!
JoLynn
It sounds like you got spoiled for Mother's Day - as WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN!
Hang in there with the Primary thing... Ya never know, I guess. And if it gets really bad, just pour some good ol vodka in your water bottle like Meredith (from The Office) does and you should be golden!! ;)
Post a Comment