"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, May 27, 2013

A WEEK Long Birthday and MUCH MUCH MORE Celebrating Goin On!

 12 years ago today my favorite baby girl entered my life in quite a dramatic fashion and my life has never been the same. She has brought me SO much joy, so much laughter, so much happiness and so many blessings!
Savanna is so sweet, considerate, smart,
friendly and most of all obedient. She has been nothing shy of the perfect child. I am so lucky to be her mom.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET BABY GIRL!
 We started this birthday celebration last Monday night at our combined FHE. Savanna and Kaci share the same birthday so we had a party for the two of them at our neighborhood park. We had cake, we had ice cream, we had party hats, we had games and we even had a pinata. 
 Unfortunately we also had the wind. Wind BLOWS...it ruins everything.
But we toughed it out and had a great time.


 Mid week we celebrated Brayden and his High School graduation...that almost didn't happen.

 We are so proud of him and this HUGE accomplishment. AND seriously...LOOK at the FABULOUS hair!
 Near the end of the week school let out for the summer and we celebrated Savanna again...7, 11-12 year old girls came to our house, brought gifts, ate frozen yogurt and slept in tents.
It was an "adventure"!...mostly for Brent and I.
Thanks to the Hyde's for taking Gavin...he would have been overwhelmed for sure!


 At the end of the week Brent and I and the kids took a quick trip to AZ...once again we celebrated Savanna. This time the whole family got together at Amazing Jakes for an extra large cookie, games, tickets, ice cream, food, and A LOT of air hockey!!

 Some might say that we over did the birthday this year??? 
I think she deserved it!
 On Sunday we were so blessed to get to celebrate Blake as he was ordained an Elder and received the Melchizedek Priesthood.
These were all the men who stood in the circle. I feel so overwhelmed with gratitude that I have a husband who honors his priesthood and lives worthy to take part in blessings such as these. 
And look at how cute he is...man he blows my mind!!

 It was a nice day. We are so proud of Blake and his decision to serve a mission. I am amazed at how quickly this has all happened...he grew up so fast and has turned out to be such an impressive young man.
 Today we drove home...on Savanna's actual birthday...so we stopped at Loves to get her birthday breakfast (turtle chex mix)...but not before we sang to her at the gas pump. What a dream come true!
 It was SUCH A GREAT WEEK! So much joy all around...so much to be thankful for...so much family and so much love! I don't want it to end!...EVER.
Unfortunately tomorrow we are back to reality!

P.S. Look at the size of that window washer...they don't mess around in Kingman!

6 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Happy Birthday to Savanna! We were SO happy that you guys came down. We enjoyed having you here so much!!! We sure love you guys!!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

P.S. Happy Happy Birthday to Kaci too!!! She is one HOT little mom!

Diana said...

Only the coolest gals have birthdays on May 27th! (I would know.) looks like a fun time was had by all.

Marianne said...

What a week for you guys! You sure know how to party! Yeah, I cannot get over how fast these kids are growing up. It's unreal. Savanna is so pretty and so sweet! Good job Mom!

I am loving that Kingman Squeegee. I want one! Gosh, we used to go to Kingman often to visit my cousin Willa Lee. She's old enough to be my mother bust she had a cool Mina bird that cussed up a blue streak! "Shut that @#$%& door!"

Marianne said...

...BUT she had..." !

Anonymous said...

What a fun week for everyone...all kinds of celebrating! I especially "Love" the celebration at LOVE'S...Savanna knows how to party wherever she is! One of these days we've got to get to Amazing Jake's, it looks like such a fun place. As always, I'm glad you all are back home safe and sound.