Summer began and our two little birdies flew the coup. They have only been gone for a week and I am ready for them to come home. However, unfortunately for this mom when they come home this summer it is only so they can leave again.
Let me explain in one word...CAMP!
Sunday we picked Savanna up after being in SLC for a week. She was with us yesterday, played, swam, went out to dinner to Wingers...then we packed her up and this morning she left for girls camp.
MY BABY is on her way to her very first week of Girls Camp. 4 days and 3 nights in beautiful Pine Valley.
She was a little nervous this morning, very quiet and unnaturally fidgety.
I hope she has a wonderful time, meets new friends, laughs hard and feels the spirit. Isn't that what Girls Camp is all about?
Not sure but I think we may have OVER_packed!
This is Savanna's friend Kahlia...they are both first timers. At least she has one friend to start with.
So Sav will be gone until Friday...she goes back to SLC on Saturday for another week. Then they both come home the week following so Gavin can leave for Scout Camp.
BOOO HOOO...I hate Summer!!



4 comments:
That's funny! Last weekend was youth conference for Richard. It was so weird to not have him around! Then he left first thing Yesterday morning for High Adventure in Moab. I have been so worried about the heat down there but thankfully for Instagram, one of the parents put up two photos of the boys in a swimming hole with a slide rock! I am a little jealous now!
I am sure Savanna will come home full of happiness and fun stories to share!
It begins.... it is so much easier when they are little and they only want to be with you and they have no where to go. Then something happens and you are the last person they'd choose to be with and they have event after event filling up their lives. Sadly, it's what life is all about and it is part of them becoming spectacular adults. Just be happy that YOUR kids go to things.
I know Savanna will love girl's camp! It will be a fantastic experience! This week Conner and Brilynn are at EFY. We heard from Brilynn that they are all sung great and having lots of fun but we haven't heard nothing from Conner so I'm supposing he's just having way to much fun to call or text us. Having them gone has reminded me that in 22 days my other little boy will be leaving foe 2 yrs. My heart aches a little but there is no other place I'd rather him be. I guess this is all part if life, sending them off to camps and things to prepare them and us for when they leave for missions and get married.
We're looking forward to seeing you.
Love You!
JoLynn
I can't believe my little Savanna is going off to Girls' Camp. I remember when she was two and was so shy and quiet and now she is such a little socialite and talkative and so fun! I love her so much and hope she has a wonderful time at camp and comes home with lots of stories and memories to share. You are blessed to have such great kids.
Post a Comment