"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, June 15, 2015

7 Year ITCH??

I hadn't really given too much thought to the whole "7 Year Itch" idea, the last time I was married it didn't make it that far. I think I got the 7 week itch and FOR SURE the 7 month itch. It wasn't until I ran into my dear friend in the airport about a year ago. As we caught up on 20 plus years of life it was mentioned that Brent and I had just celebrated our 6th anniversary and were working towards 7. Her exact words were..."The 7 year itch people...it is REAL".
I blew the comment off until about December of last year. I can't explain what happened, there is really nothing...not a detail to mention, but for some unknown reason I was irritated, I was on edge, I was emotional and I was mean. It wasn't the normal three day hunger fest that most girls experience once a month...it was more...much much more. and it lasted for about 4 months. 
I was constantly upset at my husband...I don't even think he knew it most of the time. He just carried on loving me and being wonderful as I put him through HELL each day. Everything he said, everything he did, the way his drawers weren't closed all the way, the way he'd leave the pantry door slightly open, the fact he had two toothbrushes in the holder...I mean everything. Now let me say that these things were nothing new, he was doing nothing out of the ordinary but man it bugged me. Everyone bugged me.
AND It was ALL ME. He was just as wonderful as he had always been. 
I just couldn't get a grip on life. I was a mess!
This is not a normal trait for me. I am usually pretty together, level headed, no drama, organized, happy...all of it. 
I chalk it up to the 7 year itch. Because once March of 2015 came around and we had officially gotten over the 7 year mark of being together each and everyday...everything changed. I finally felt normal, HAPPY!
I was SO in love with him again, more so than ever before. I missed him during the day and was excited to see him when he got home. I just wanted to be by his side no matter what we were doing.
I no longer cared that every garment top was inside out in the laundry and that he never wants to take pictures with me (no just kidding that still bugs me).

I felt so blessed to be loved by him. 
So this weekend we celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary!


I know I have said it before but I can't even remember a time where Brent wasn't in my life...or maybe I just don't want to. He makes everything better. He makes me better...our family better.

I really wanted to go somewhere fun this weekend but Brent's work schedule didn't allow for that so we stayed home. relaxed, cleaned, watched baseball, exercised, napped a little...and ATE!!!
Friday night Brent and I took The Buti's (Tim and Billie Jo) up with us to Depot Grill in Cedar. It is our favorite place and we wanted to share it with our favorite friends.
It was such a fun night!
DELICIOUS food and perfect company.

 The rest of the weekend was just calm and relaxing.
We visited the Hyde's on Saturday, shopped and ate.

Yesterday...our actual anniversary was spent at church. I couldn't get Brent to stay home with me and believe me I TRIED!!!...see what I mean, he makes me better.
I made dinner and we had milkshakes for dessert! YEP we ate some more.

7 years have come and gone. My love for this man continues to grow...after this weekend my pants can feel that growth as well.. I appreciate him a little more each day. I love his voice, his face, his smell, the way he dresses, his sarcasm, his friendly personality...every inch from top to bottom.
I am so glad I survived MY 7 year itch...so I can now look forward to ETERNITY with my favorite guy!

Love you babe...with ALL my heart!

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Happy, happy anniversary! I am so happy that you two are SO HAPPY! Life is good! Not always easy, but still good. The whole toothbrush thing made me laugh. I am the same way! I threw out a toothbrush that was in our holder. It was just "there". The guys said it wan't theirs, so out it went. I was tired of it gathering dust and mocking me every day. Well, this past weekend Brittany decided to spent the night on Saturday. She asked me where her toothbrush was. oops. She had left one here for just such occasions. I went to my supply cupboard and got out a brand new tooth brush for her and now it sits there, mocking me, unused for long periods of time...

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Happy Anniversary to one of my most very favorite couples! I am so happy you got passed the 7 year itch deal. I don't remember the 7 year itch but I do remember the 10 year mark being a little rough. However, I have always thought it was because we had just built this house and things were a bit stressful. At any rate I am sure happy that we get to all be together for eternity. I sure love and appreciate you guys so much and wonderful examples to me in all things!

Love you always,
JoLynn

Kaci said...

So you're counting from the day you met? Cuz I've been a wreck thinking its the entire 7th year of marriage..... Which I've only just begun. If I can count from when we got together, then my itch year is over too....