"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, June 1, 2015

Our BUSY...HAPPY Weekend

Our events began with Brayden being ordained an Elder. 
It was a sweet experience...he and Crysti are both SO shy and I could almost feel their pain being there in the spotlight.
But they were cute, in love and one step closer to their big day!

Kaci and I after the ordination...avoiding the EX and trying to liven up our somber party.

 The next event was going through the temple with Bray and Crysti. Another quite painful experience. However isn't EVERYONE's first temple experience a little painful? 
They did well and still wanted to go through with the sealing the next day...pheeeew!

(and YES I will be burning that dress following the posting on this blog...no I am NOT 9 months pregnant or prego AT ALL!...quite thin under all that actually...well in certain areas anyway)

 Saturday morning was the wedding. 
YAY! They both showed up...even though they were late...Bray crashed into his sisters Lexus, forgot to pick up his tux, forgot his white temple pants and managed to make it with 10 minutes to spare.

They both said "I do".
and the both looked DARLING...even after the dramatic loss of the tux...which was discovered 45 minutes after the sealing. 



 After the sealing our family went to celebrate at Chuck-a-Rama. We are pretty classy!

Peyton and I had such an intriguing conversation at lunch. I swear she is 30 years old inside that tiny body.

Sunday KORI CAME HOME!!!

 We spent the day decorating her house and gathering the neighbors...


 So many friends and family came to welcome her home.
I think it was a little overwhelming to her however no one would have known...she was as sweet as could be.


 Instead of using her wheelchair she walked the entire way to the door with all eyes on her.
She is getting so strong. 
Of course she amazed us all.



 I bawled...couldn't even help it.
She looked so sweet with Russ right at her side helping with every step. 


Mom was excited to see dad...he has been gone for three weeks. I think she missed him more than she thought she would.
It was sad not having him...and Kori and Russ...at all of the wedding festivities. We kept expecting them to walk in. 


Neighbors visited, family watched. Neighbors left, family ate!


Amongst all these events our family had family pictures taken...post to follow.
Then this morning Gavin, Grant and I drive up to Provo of EFY!...also following.

It has been a BUSY weekend full of wonderful life-changing events.
So much to be thankful for...so many blessings!

3 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

I am so glad Kori is home and getting stronger! She is lucky to have such a loving, supportive family. It can make all the difference. And... you've never looked pregnant in your whole life. You're as thin as a piece of paper, girl, so don't be burning any dresses or I'll have to pat you over the head with a pickaxe.

val said...

Your posts make me laugh and cry. Love it.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

He crashed his sister's Lexus hmmm I'm thinking car wrecks before weddings is pretty popular! It looks like it was a beautiful wedding and I couldn't be happier that Kori is home! I sure love and miss you guys!!!
your new family picture is gorgeous! I think it's the best one yet! I need one on my wall! Also you look darling in all your pictures. And most certainly not pregnant at all!!!

Love and miss you tons!
JoLynn