
So it's taken me a few days to digest the happenings of 2 days ago. In case you weren't aware, Brett Favre signed with the Minnesota Vikings! For those of you who don't know, I've been a life long Viking fan. Being a fan of the Vikings means a lot of things, some of which are.... If you're a Viking fan you live with the cold hard reality that your team is o-4 in Super Bowls. If you're a Viking fan you go into every season waiting for your heart to be broken into pieces!! ( kind of like a Cub fan thinking it's gonna be your year, only to find out 8 weeks into the season that your season is done!) If you're a fan of the Vikings you despise every team in your division... We HATE the Bears, Lions and MOST OF ALL THE PACKERS! The rivalries are great in the NFC North! Did I mention my hate for the Packers is real?? I have spent the past many years rooting against and talking so much trash about one Brett Favre. I have even made it to Lambeau Field twice and openly booed him on his home field. I got a beer thrown at me for doing so! So here we approach a new season with a team full of potential and no quarterback to fall back on... OR SO WE THOUGHT! Brett wants to come out of retirement AGAIN and end his career the right way, with another ring! I have to say that I have struggled with even the thought of this for quite some time as they have kicked this idea around for a while. So am I happy about it? Well hell yes I am! A chance to beat his old team twice, and maybe take mine to the promised land, doesn't sound bad does it? Sucks to be you, Packer fan! FAVRE IS MY MAN!! GO VIKES GO!!!!! 
Showing off my new 2009 season attire...do I have the BEST wife ever or what?
(a few add-ins by Kami)

10 comments:
I am going to literally THROW UP!!!! YES I am so utterally and completely SICK!!! SO completely SICK I think I even have throw in my mouth as I type this!
For all of you who may be reading this comment. I must fill you in on some history. I have been a beloved Packers fan for a good many years. I have loved and worshiped Brett Fave supported him through thick and thin. Cried many tears over him going into retirement (numerous times) and cheered when he came out of retirement (numerous times). Last season I had mixed emotions on what to think of the Packers not taking him back and of him playing for another team. It just didn't seem right. Brett Fave and the Packers have always gone together like Peanut Butter and Jelly. However, regardless of my sad and hard feelings of Brett and the Packers not being togehter last year I still supported my Packers and I still thought highly of Brett. HOWEVER, things have CHANGED!!!
I am utterally moritfied at the thoughts of this guy coming out of retirement AGAIN, to play football for none other than his BIGGEST HUGEST rival of his career! THAT is just SICK and WRONG! In fact I think I am even going to write the guy a letter! I can not believe it! I am offended and appauled by this!
Now what is even more appauling (if it's even possible) is that BRENT ELLSWORTH would actually be o.k. No not o.k. HAPPY about having the ex-quarterback of his team's biggest hugest rival come and play for them. That is pathetic. YES absolutely pathetic and what's even more pathetic is that for years I have listened to Brent RIP Brett Farve apart. NO not just rip him apart, tear him apart, and then chew him up and spit him out! All I can think of is this is the only way that the Vikings have any kind of a chance to win a few games and possibly have a chance in the play offs is by taking their BIGGEST rival's OLD RETIRED quarterback back out of retirement (AGAIN) to play for them. How sad is that?! But hey, who knows maybe Fave can let them in on a few of the Packers secret plays too. I guess the Vikings had to do something to win a few games. Poor guys!
Well I just have one more thing to say... GO GO GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Ya Brent!
JoLynn:)
Now Children...There seems to be a little tension here, you two have got to learn to play nice! Maybe each of you should go to your separate rooms and have a some time out to think things over a bit. WOW!! I'm beginning to catch a glimpse of just how big this whole Brett-Favre-coming-out-of-retirement-thing really is. Obviously Brett IS OLD and not only OLD, but confused! I mean, he can't even decide IF he wants to retire or not, just imagine how confused he'll be on the field. This should be a fun year of football! I really don't know much about either of these teams (and I'm sorry to say, I don't care much about them either), I only know the Packers wear cheese on their heads and I've always wondered about that but when I see Brent with those horns on his head, you have to wonder about that too!! My loyalty lies with my COUGARS...NOW THERE'S A TEAM (and they don't play on Sunday)!! Win or lose, they have integrity and aren't confused about it. Brent, Good Luck to your team this year and the same to you JoLynn. Just remember, with these Sunday teams...it's not about the game, it's all about the MONEY!
Nancy you right about these teams that play on Sunday are about the money and you are very right about BYU. I'm just so thankful that Brent finally came to his senses on that one. Now if we can just get him to come to his senses on the his Vikings and Brett Farve.
Brett plays for the love of the game!! That's why he can't stay away and that's why I respect him. Go Vikes!
Ahem! Hi...non Packer/Vikings fan here...I think Favre is pretty LAME! Seems like it's all about the $$$ to me.
P.S. Brent...the VIKING horns are to DIE for! Why don't you wear those a little more often?
Here is all I have to say about your precious Vikings... If your man, Brett is as wishy washy on the field as he is in his life's decisions... I fear that there may be a whole lotta sacking going on. I can see it now... he drops back, he looks right, he looks left, he looks right again, he weeps a little, he teases the press and the fans, he looks right again, he gets braces, he gets them off, he gets them back on again... Oh Brett... please make a choice. You're so old and not that good.
Love of the Game, MY FOOT!! Let's try $10,000,000!!! Now that's REAL Love!!
WOW.......... you are just too funny... GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH NO KENDRA...please tell me you are NOT a BRONCOS fan!! I don't think we can be friends anymore. I love you but this could cause some potential problems!
I use to love the Vikings when they had Joe Kapp and then Fran Tarkenton at QB. I was originally a Packer-Backer, Oakland Raiders and 49er Fan. For me the ultimate in pro-football heaven was to see a Raiders-Packer (see Super Bowl #1),49er-Raiders, or a Vikings-Raider Super Bowl. lately I have become disillusioned with anything Pro due to the many steroid scandals and all the "spoiled" boy type antics of top players. My suggestion is to stick to real football-NCAA. GO COUGS!! In the mean time I hope the best for Brett Farve and the Vikings but have some doubts about his 40 year old ability. I hope the Vikes have a good offensive line and even better receivers. Good luck to the Vikes.
Post a Comment