Our Morning started off with tears...big tears...for no reason AT ALL...Savanna just rolled out of bed and they started to flow. Then they got worse when I suggested she pick a new outfit to wear since the shirt she originally picked out and planned to wear with her best friend Macy... turned out to be a bit too big. They got even bigger when I told her the shoes she had on didn't match. I sat her down in front of the "healthy" hearty breakfast I whipped up special and watched her cry because apparently I "confused her" with my outfit of choice.
I am not sure how we got to school in the clothes that we did or how we managed to have smiles on our faces but somehow with a little "Help"...we made it!
Before school Gavin loaded his backpack up with all the supplies I had purchased. When he got to school, on his desk, was a mountain of supplies his teacher had purchased for each member of the class. As he unloaded his backpack he then had...2 boxes of pencils, two boxes of colored pencils, 5 notebooks of paper, 4 glue sticks, 1 extra large box of crayons and one smaller box of crayons, a 3 ring binder, and SEVERAL 3 hole folders. As he arranged his desk...trying hard to make room for all of his items, he looked up at me with a little hesitation and said..."it's never bad to be OVER-prepared". Nana and I cracked up...more tears fell!Here's to another SUCCESSFUL school year!

7 comments:
I thought it was such a great morning, I'm glad I missed all of the "at home drama". The kids looked darling and ready to begin another year at wonderful Sunset Elementary. I'm so happy I got to go to school with them today, it was worth the drive back from SLC. Happy School Year to All!!
For all of the drama they sure look happy in the photos! How do we ever live through it?
I'm with Marianne they looked darling and very happy. You'd never know the drama that had occured prior to those beautiful pictuers! I think it is an Ellsworth thing-all that drama! It couldn't possibly be us:)
Take Care-Love You All,
JoLynn
At least Gavin wants to be normal.. Preston is tired of having normal parents who watch tv and sit on the computer he just wants fun parents as the tears fell.. I don't think they are ever happy, but they did look cute after all the drama..
I guess I've got some fun to look forward to. Second grade is much easier with a boy! They ended up looking really cute!
Oh my, I'm almost dreading Jaydon's first day of school next week now. He is already picky with his clothes and I hope I don't have any of that drama, I'm already emotional about the whole deal. Well, the kids look awefully nice so you did good and congrats on making it through the day. LOL Hope the school year goes well for them.
We will experience our LAST first day of school in three days. As I watch my together, responsible 17 year old daughters I smile remembering the days when I had to mix a large glass of instant breakfast, stick two straws in it and shove a pop tart in their hands to get them to school on time. Sigh. It was just yesterday.
Post a Comment